What are you Cooking the Week of September 27, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of September 27, 2020?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

No supper plans here yet, how about you?

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

Delicious leftovers from last night are on our menu.

chocomouse
        Participant

Dinner tonight was grilled salmon, cole slaw and steamed broccoli.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We had cheese souffle with a mushroom sauce

Joan Simpson
            Participant

I made pizza dough this morning and had pizza tonight..sausage,pepperoni,onion,green peppers,banana peppers,black olives and mushroom,with cheese.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

I cooked a rutabaga,rice and gravy & fried cubed pork.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

We had spaghetti with oven cheese toast.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

On Tuesday morning, I made pizza sauce from some of our tomatoes. It is for pizza tonight.

chocomouse
                    Participant

Our dinner was grilled chicken, grilled potatoes, the last of the broccoli from the garden, and cole slaw.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

We had a fried chicken breast,leftover mixed greens and candied sweet potatoes and I made fresh macaroni and cheese.

navlys
                        Participant

I made TOH's cider-glazed pork tenderloin. I added the juices from the oven baked pork to the saute pan and reduced it per instructions. Could have added sliced apples too I suppose. Highly recommend this recipe.

navlys
                          Participant

ps I added a little cinnamon to sauce.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

That sounds delicious, Navlys.

It is soup weather, so on Wednesday, I made a pot of soup, using a mixture of beans and some barley from a company called Pereg. They pride themselves on gourmet beans, grains, and various mixtures. I bought this package a while ago at T.J. Maxx and needed to use it. I did a long soak overnight in salted water, following Kenji Lopez-Alt’s technique. I rinsed them this afternoon, then cooked them in fresh salted water. In a larger pot, I sauteed chopped celery and carrots in olive oil, then added a package of ground turkey and browned it. I added about 6 cups of turkey broth from the freezer, along with 2 tsp. of re-hydrated dried onion and 1 Tbs. Penzey’s Ozark Seasoning. I added the beans to this mixture, then simmered on low. We will have several more meals from this pot of soup.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

I'm getting ready to make a big pot of chicken stock, some of which will be used to make potato leek soup for the weekend. I may need to bake some bread for croutons, too.

skeptic7
                                Participant

I did black bean chili at the end of last week Saturday/Sunday its a fairly mild combination of several recipes that is my standard chili, I use beef heart cut up in very small dice for the meat. This was partly to be wierd I read that heart is the main ingredient in Chicago Chili Sauce , the one that is served on top of hot dogs, and partly because it seemed safer than buying ground round in the supermarket, and its appreciably cheaper than having a chuck roast ground at the butcher store. I also did Yankee cornbread to go with it.
                                  I did chicken soup tonight, sort of Chinese flavored with onions and ginger and five spice powder for the time when I want something mild. Its a little too mild, but I can add some soy sauce or chili sauce later.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.