What are You Cooking the Week of March 8, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of March 8, 2020?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

What are you cooking this first day of Daylight Savings Time, or Not Daylight Savings Time (for states not observing it)?

We were going to have pork chops, but the package has not yet thawed, so we will have leftover soup and cornbread.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

We had the rest of the sirloin steak with sauteed mushrooms and baked potatoes.

RiversideLen
        Participant

I had leftover pork roast and pasta.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

We had cubed steak,mashed potatoes and leftover rutabagas.

BakerAunt
            Participant

I notice that we were all eating leftovers on Sunday. I'd been thinking about how my husband's and my tradition of Sunday dinner has morphed into leftovers more often than not. Part of it is being retired and having more time to cook during the week. Part of it is cooking for just two people.

BakerAunt
              Participant

On Monday, my husband cooked boneless "country-style" pork ribs in the frying pan. I made freekeh, cooked in chicken broth with some sage and rosemary. Microwaved broccoli completed the meal.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

I agree BakerAunt about the leftovers and cooking for two.

I tried a new recipe Mississippi pot roast cooked in crock pot.It was good,my husband said he liked my regular roast better.This had a package of ranch dressing dry,a package of Au Jus,a half stick of butter ,about 6 pepperoncini peppers and a half cup of the juice from peppers,all this was just sprinkled on top and cooked for 6-8 hours,when I tested it was still tough so I turned it on high for 2 more hours and at that time I could pull it apart.It was good but on the spicy side.We had this with rice and cooked dry lima beans and corn bread muffins.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

The steaks we had last night weren't really leftovers, they were just the second set of steaks I cut from the package of sirloin I bought. I tend to buy the bigger package of thicker cuts and then plan to make at least 2 meals from it. I gave my wife a choice of steaks, mushrooms and baked potatoes, pepper steak stir fry or Stroganoff, she chose the steaks.

Tonight we are going to finish off the last of the onion soup.

chocomouse
                    Participant

Tonight we had blueberry pancakes, breakfast sausages, and fresh made-today maple syrup, the first of the season.

I have not learned, in 25 years, how to cook for two. I love leftovers, but I do not like eating leftover leftovers!

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Tonight we had boneless pork ribs with BBQ gravy, mashed potatoes and garden pea salad.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

The system is geared against those trying to cook for just one or two. Either the foods are packaged in quantities that work better for 4 or more, or they're so much higher priced that they're ineconomical.

It's going on 5 and I still have no idea what we're doing for supper tonight. :sigh:

BakerAunt
                          Participant

Tuesday dinner, of course, is stir-fry, using the leftover pork from last night and the drippings, combined with carrots, celery, red bell pepper, mushrooms, broccoli, and soba noodles.

chocomouse
                            Participant

My husband got home really late from sugaring tonight, tired and hungry, so we pulled a jumble of things from the fridge to reheat quickly for dinner. He had leftover pork sandwich and 2 pieces of leftover pizza. I had leftover Greek pasta salad, leftover broccoli reheated, and cole slaw I made this morning. Feeling thankful for leftovers tonight!

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

We wound up having mac and cheese.

RiversideLen
                                Participant

I had a bison burger and chicken veg soup. And some crumbled apple/blueberry pie.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.