What are you Cooking the Week of March 3, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of March 3, 2024?

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I made clam chowder for lunch on Saturday and have enough for two more days. I left the skin on the Russet potato this time, and the chowder is great, so I will do that again.

My husband pan-cooked boneless pork chops, for dinner, which we had with the rest of the black-eyed peas with rice and ham, and some leftover roasted sweet potatoes. I also had a mandarin orange.

chocomouse
      Participant

I cooked breakfast sausages and baked blueberry pancakes with fresh maple syrup, right out of the evaporator! So good.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

We had French Onion soup again.

RiversideLen
          Participant

The other day I bought a rotisserie chicken from Whole Foods. It looked great until I cut it open and saw it was underdone.

chicken‑1

chicken‑2

Has anyone else had this problem with precooked chicken?

Attachments:
            You must be logged in to view attached files.
            Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

We probably have rotisserie chicken about once every other month, these days always from Sams. We didn't like the spices in the Costco one, though I've seen multiple online sources claiming the Costco one is better. I've usually found the hot foods at Whole Foods to be disappointing.

Never had one that was underdone, though. I would certainly let Whole Foods know, there could have been an equipment issue.

I usually buy the one that has the darkest skin, figuring it is fully roasted.

RiversideLen
              Participant

The darkness of the skin was fine,

chicken‑1

I suspect that they are using different size chickens and time it for the norm (smaller ones). I did post a review with pics and a snarky comment. I've recooked it, hoping that's OK.

Attachments:
                You must be logged in to view attached files.
                Joan Simpson
                Participant

Never had one like this ever.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

We once got one from Walmart that was slightly underdone but nothing like Len's experience. We put it in the oven and cooked it some more.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

I had Rotisserie chicken, squash , tomatoes and salad.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

I was wondering if maybe that chicken was frozen when it went in the rotisserie.

RiversideLen
                        Participant

I've seen a number of reviews where people complained about undercooked rotisserie chicken from Whole Foods. It's a shame because the chicken is simply seasoned (just salt and pepper) and they have an option for unseasoned as well. I'm not sure that I'll take a chance on it again.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.