What are you Cooking the Week of March 3, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of March 3, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We're planning steak for supper tonight.

Spread the word
      navlys
      Participant

We had leftover pulled pork heated with leftover chicken stir fry over ramen noodles. Surprisingly tasty.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

I had a salami sandwich and pickles.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I used the rest of the apple seconds we bought in November to make applesauce on Sunday. The bag was marked "Ida Red Mix," but there are at least two kinds of apples, and one kind took a long time to soften while cooking. I did not make the same mistake as I did last time but continued to cook them until they were soft enough to put through the food mill. The taste and consistency are better than the previous batch but not as good as the more mixed batches I made in the autumn by adding another kind of apples from a local place. I froze two cups of it. The rest we will have throughout the week.

We had some applesauce with Sunday's dinner of a roasted chicken, roasted potato chunks, and microwaved fresh broccoli.

RiversideLen
            Participant

I had spaghetti and meatballs and green beans.

BakerAunt
              Participant

We had leftover Black-Eyed Peas with Rice and Ham for dinner on Monday.

chocomouse
                Participant

Dinner was ziti and marinara with kielbase, peppers, and onions, and a green salad.

cwcdesign
                  Participant

Yesterday, I made a salad mix that I could eat for a couple of days. Today, since I was off, I tried a recipe from Half Baked Harvest that had appealed to me- a cauliflower tzatziki bowl with sweet potato fries. I didn't want to make all the parts, so I adapted. For some reason, the vegetables didn't cook as well - high heat enough time, and we were out of a lot of spices - Will told me we needed more, but didn't tell me how many bottles were empty, which is frustrating when you go to reach for a specific spice. At least, it was a filling dinner. I made whipped feta and chopped some cucumber and avocado instead of making tzatziki which was nice. I have leftovers of both the Sunday salad and tonight's vegetables. Can't wait to see what I make of it all tomorrow.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

We had tuna salad on tomatoes, mine was also on a bed of lettuce.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

I had Healthy Choice General Tso spicy chicken and it was really good.

navlys
                        Participant

I marinated boneless skinless chicken thighs which I served with roasted potatoes. I boiled the cut up chunks of potatoes, then roasted them with the chicken thighs. I always defat the thighs with scissors.

RiversideLen
                          Participant

Last night was rotini with meatballs and kale.

Tonight will be a pork chop with broccoli and a side to be determined.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

I had black peppered bacon, eggs and raisin toast. So good on this cold and damp day.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

I roasted and processed my last pie pumpkin on Tuesday and froze the puree.

For dinner that evening, I combined the deglazing from the roasting pan from the chicken I cooked on Sunday with 8 oz. of sliced mushrooms and a bit of flour and dried parsley, then mixed it with half a package of cooked spinach noodles. We had it with leftover roast chicken and microwaved frozen mixed vegetables.

chocomouse
                                Participant

I roasted boneless chicken thighs, which we had with a Mediterranean salad of orzo, cucmbers, onion, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, and feta cheese with a tangy dressing (which I also used to marinate the chicken) and steamed fresh green beans.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.