What are you Cooking the week of March 29, 2020

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of March 29, 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I had a bagel with cream cheese and corned beef, my wife had cheese, crackers and braunschweiger.

RiversideLen
      Participant

I made a stir fry consisting of onion, green pepper, carrot, cauliflower, mushrooms and left over pork. Had it over noodles.

BakerAunt
        Participant

Those stir-fry dishes are the best, Len!

RiversideLen
          Participant

I agree BakerAunt, but I was torn between mashed potatoes or noodles but then I said to myself, who are you kidding?

Joan Simpson
            Participant

I steamed a quarter head of cabbage with a sausage link cut in discs and macaroni and cheese.

RiversideLen
              Participant

I'll be making another stir fry as I have mushrooms I want to use up. Having it with rice this time.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

I got a 7 bone roast out of the freezer for tomorrow, tonight we're having tomato soup and fried cheese sandwiches.

chocomouse
                  Participant

Pizza, the usual Thursday dinner per my husband's request.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

We finished up the leftover hamburger stroganoff and mixed rice, along with microwaved frozen peas. My husband also split a rather small leftover chicken thigh with our dog in honor of her seventh birthday.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by BakerAunt.
                      BakerAunt
                      Participant

To go with leftover roasted chicken thighs, I cooked a package of spinach noodles and several minutes before they would be done, I emptied a package of frozen broccoli florets into the water. Meanwhile, I sautéed 8 oz of sliced mushrooms in olive oil, then sprinkled with 2 Tbs. flour. I added a bit of half and half that I’m trying to use up, and some pasta water. After I added the drained pasta-broccoli mixture to the noodles, I used a coarse grater to add some Parmesan, then freshly ground pepper. It was delicious, and we will have leftovers for the next two days, although on the third day, I’ll re-purpose them.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

We had lima bean soup from leftover rice and limas to that I added a half can if diced tomatoes,some onion,carrot and celery with chicken stock.

I love the way so many on this site uses leftovers.

Italiancook
                          Participant

I made a pot of Chicken Cacciatore that saw us through the week thus far. Served it once with pasta, once with mashed potatoes, and tonight with frozen asparagus that I sprinkled with Parmesan Reggiano . . . sparingly. I'm really annoyed with myself that I didn't buy imported Italian cheeses for the freezer when I knew Covid-19 would go to New York. I buy from an Italian store there. I'm assuming the health crisis in Italy will have a long-lasting effect on cheese producers. And, I don't know if my Italian store is allowed to be open.

For a break from the chicken, we had Italian rice soup for lunch. I'm limiting the amount of Parm-Regg and Romano we use, since New York is in such difficulty. To my surprise, I really don't need as much cheese as I've used in the past for good flavor. Live and learn.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

Good point about the amount of cheese, Italian Cook. When I cut back for dietary reasons, I was surprised that I still enjoyed the recipes. I think that cheese is to cooking as vanilla is to baking: people tend to overdo it.

Italiancook
                              Participant

I won't be back at the computer anymore today, so I'll say I'm making Olive Oil & Garlic Spaghetti for dinner. That's why I made bread today.

RiversideLen
                                Participant

I made pasta sauce yesterday and had spaghetti and meatballs. I pulled the meatballs from the freezer as I had made them last month.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.