What are you Cooking the week of February 16, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of February 16, 2020?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

As noted in the baking thread for the week, I'm making a large chicken pot pie for supper.

Spread the word
      Italiancook
      Participant

I'm making Mariola from The Romangnolis Table for a light dinner. I just made the omelet pieces that go in the soup. Recipe calls for 5 cups chicken broth. I'm going to use 4 cups chicken and 1 cup beef broth.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

We had fried cubed pork,rice and gravy with green lima beans.

chocomouse
          Participant

Leftover beef stew and Deli Rye Rolls from the freezer.

BakerAunt
            Participant

We had leftover pork roast with barley, butternut squash, and kale.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

We had taco salad and I had mine rolled in a flour tortilla.

BakerAunt
                Participant

For Monday night's dinner, I roasted eight chicken thighs, which I found for 59 cents per pound at the grocery on Sunday. I like roasting a big batch so that we have enough for several more meals. I also cooked freekeh in chicken broth, and we had microwaved fresh broccoli.

I also made another batch of yogurt.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by BakerAunt.
                  chocomouse
                  Participant

I made a seafood lasagna from delish.com. We liked it, and I will make it again, but with some changes. I added some chopped onion, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and a tablespoon of Old Bay seasoning, having read several comments that said it needed "something", and I would make those same changes next time. I would decrease the lasagna noodles, and make two layers in a 9 x 9 pan. I would use the same amount of fish (shrimp, scallops, and I used imitation crab meat) but it needs more sauce. I think simply adding more milk would work without making it too runny as it was a little dry. We now have leftovers for another night and then I will freeze the rest in meals sized containers.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

I roasted a salmon filet and had it with whipped sweet potato and Brussels Sprouts and carrots.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

For lunch on Tuesday, I made a soup experiment. I had leftover lima bean broth and a cup of crushed tomatoes from the casserole that I made last week. I sautéed onion in olive oil, then added some garlic. I added the crushed tomatoes and about 1 Tbs. tomato paste. I put in a bit of sugar, as these tomatoes are rather acidic. I added the bean broth, then seasoned with about ½ tsp. Penzey’s beef base, ¼ tsp. Penzey’s Pico and Gallo blend, and a few shakes of Penzey’s Adobo seasoning. I then let it boil and cooked it down a bit, before using my hand blender to smooth it out. It would probably be good with a bit of Greek yogurt whisked into it, but I’m saving the remainder of that for another recipe. It’s a nice accompaniment to the bread I baked last night.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

An immersion blender is a great way to get a smooth soup or sauce, I use mine for that frequently.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

No cooking here tonight my husband wanted a fish sandwich and onion rings from Arby's,it was good.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

We went grocery shopping today so we had hamburger steaks with sauteed onions and french fries.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

Supper tonight is bread and cheese, to use up one of the test loaves from yesterday (the Dutch oven one) and the baguettes I made today (some with triticale.) I'll post more on that in another thread later this evening after I've uploaded some photos.

RiversideLen
                                Participant

I made a small pork loin roast, had it with noodles.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.