What are you Cooking the Week of February 13, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of February 13, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We had chili from the freezer to go with the cinnamon rolls I made today. A much milder chili than the stuff we had a few days ago.

chocomouse
      Participant

Wednesday dinner was boneless pork chops, smashed potatoes, and buttercup squash.

Italiancook
        Participant

I'm going to make Fettuccini Alfredo for lunch, because we have fresh homemade bread. I have grated romano cheese in the fridge, so I'll use that for the Alfredo sauce instead of parmesan.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

There were two posts on my iPhone news tab yesterday on alfredo sauce. Surprisingly, neither of them had garlic in them. (Too many restaurants use garlic in alfredo sauce, which is a food crime.) Both of the recipes had cracked black pepper and nutmeg in them.

The original recipe for alfredo sauce just used parm reg, s l o w l y melted. Chefs add cream because it makes the recipe more reliable and easier to make in advance and keep on the line and, to be honest, cream is a lot cheaper than parm reg.

It must be alfredo week, there's another iPhone news post today with a Serious Eats recipe that just uses butter, parm reg and salt.

BakerAunt
            Participant

Dinner on Thursday was stir-fry made with the rest of the turkey. As usual, I used soba noodles with carrots, celery, green onion, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and broccoli. I used some Penzey's chicken base (free sample a while back) mixed with 1/4 cup boiling water, since I did not have any deglazing liquid to add, and it worked out well.

RiversideLen
              Participant

Yesterday I made a roast chicken and had it with a baked sweet potato. Tonight will be left over chicken, pasta and asparagus.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

We had chili and cinnamon rolls again, and I'll have a salad in a little while.

chocomouse
                  Participant

We had split pea soup from the freezer, and tuna sandwiches on Harvest Grains bread.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

We had the last of the hamburger vegetable soup and grilled cheese with bologna.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

No cooking tonight all leftovers used up...Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, rice & tomato gravy and lima beans.My husband wasn't so happy but I'm not wasting nothing.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

I've got onion soup from the freezer for supper tonight.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

I agree with you, Joan--no wasting food!

We had leftover pork tenderloin. I made some more of the boiled/steamed little red potatoes and again tossed them in olive oil with some salt. We also had microwaved frozen vegetables. We had potatoes left over from this meal, so they will return as part of a future meal.

I also made yogurt today.

RiversideLen
                            Participant

Leftover chicken, sliced sauteed cabbage with noodles seasoned with toasted sesame oil and soy sauce. An orange for dessert. A couple of oreo style cookies for 2nd dessert.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

On Saturday, I cooked a package of black beans that I had soaked overnight. I used three pounds of them to make my Pumpkin and Black Bean Soup for lunch today and into next week. Instead of pumpkin, I roasted a kobacha squash and used it instead of pumpkin. I think that pumpkin gives it a slightly sweeter flavor, but the soup is still delicious, especially on a day when the temperature has not risen above the high teens.

I froze a scant pound of cooked black beans to use later.

Italiancook
                                Participant

I made Chickpea Soup. Plenty leftover for future meals.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.