What are you Cooking the Week of August 14, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of August 14, 2022?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

No real cooking here today I got spaghetti and meat sauce from the freezer and made garlic toast. Easy day for me.

chocomouse
      Participant

We had BLTs, using Celebrity tomatoes from the garden and lettuce from the deck planters.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Tonight we had stew beef with gravy on top of mashed potatoes, sliced tomatoes and green butter beans.

chocomouse
          Participant

We had blueberry pancakes and sausages for dinner. I used a recipe, Sheet Pan Pancakes, from the Pioneer Woman's latest book. They are excellent, the best I've ever made. They are so light and fluffy, and soooo easy to make; better than standing over a griddle watching for bubbles and flipping! The batter is poured into a buttered pan and baked at 450 for 20 minutes - perfect. I didn't measure the berries, but sprinkled a generous layer on the top. The only change I made was to add about a tablespoon of cinnamon to the batter. I will use this recipe and method from now on.

chocomouse
            Participant

Grilled chicken thighs, corn on the cob, and zucchini and yellow squash. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

NY strip steak, mushrooms, baked potato and sweet corn here. The vendor I got the corn from this afternoon says she expect to have it until first frost. I also bought a cantaloupe, might be the last one I have to buy for a while, I've got several that are getting close to ripe, including one Crenshaw. (Oddly enough, that appears to be the only Crenshaw that set.)

If the weather cooperates, and the current forecast says it should, tomorrow I'm trying a pizza on the grill.

BakerAunt
                Participant

I cooked a pot of black beans on Friday. We had fill-your-own rye tortilla wraps for dinner. I put ground beef, black beans, tomato (the first one from our garden!), onion, Penzeys Salsa and Pico, and grated mozzarella in mine. My husband omitted the black beans and onion and the seasoning. The tortillas did not soften in the microwave very much. My husband ate his like tostadas. I managed to get mine folded around the filling.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

Did you try sandwiching the tortillas between two damp paper towels?

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Tonight we had chargrilled chicken, baked sweet potatoes and rice & butter.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

BLT'S and fries.

cwcdesign
                        Participant

Will is back and is making dinner tonight. Baked chicken tenders (no propane yet for grilling) with marinade made with Sassy Mustard (a Georgia Grown Co. that I picked up at the Atlanta Market for the store) and rosemary; Carolina Gold Rice - my rep from Marsh Hen Mill gave me samples of the Carolina Gold Rice and Rice Middlins which are cooked like grits; and sautéed broccoli.

It's nice to have him back after a long day at work.

chocomouse
                          Participant

My husband had a BLT, and I had a LT.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.