What are you Cooking the Week of August 14, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of August 14, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

No plans here yet.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

We had hamburger steaks, fries and pork-n-beans.

BakerAunt
        Participant

We had the rest of the leftover stir-fry, which is why I could do a major cake baking project this afternoon.

chocomouse
          Participant

Our dinner was leftovers from our family celebrations yesterday: potato salad, bean salad, cole slaw, turkey, an assortment of cheese and bread, and berry trifle. Delicious and no prep for me!

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

We had takeout again.

RiversideLen
              Participant

Yesterday I made a small pork roast on the bbq grill, had it with asparagus, rice and baked beans (from a can).

Joan Simpson
                Participant

We had chargrilled chicken, fried okra, mashed potatoes, garden peas and cherry pie.

cwcdesign
                  Participant

Tonight will be cheese sandwiches on my Harvest bread with the last of the watermelon salad. Will will be back on Thursday and then we can grill again as he will be able to get propane for me.

chocomouse
                    Participant

Beans and hot dogs here!

BakerAunt
                      Participant

We had leftover roasted chicken thighs, potato salad, and some of the fresh crop of green beans from our garden.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

I tried a new recipe for dinner on Tuesday: Turkey Sausage and Spinach Lasagna, which was posted online at My Recipes. It uses no-boil lasagna noodles. I replaced the turkey sausage with ground turkey and deleted the garlic. I used 12 oz. frozen spinach in place of fresh. I deleted the shallots and used ½ tsp. dried onion. To thicken the milk sauce, I used whole wheat flour, and I used olive oil rather than canola oil. I used ½ tsp. poultry seasoning and a bit of sweet curry in the sauce. I baked in a 13x9 lasagna pan because with no-boil noodles, they should not touch the side of the pan or each other, and I used three per layer. I used 15 oz. of low-fat ricotta rather than 12 oz. because I did not want it left over. My husband and I thought it a delicious meal, certainly something different to do with ground turkey, so I will probably make it again. We had it with some fresh green beans from the garden.

I also made yogurt today.

Here's the original recipe: https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/turkey-sausage-spinach-lasagna

cwcdesign
                          Participant

I made linguini with an olive oil garlic sauce and it came out very well. Leftovers tomorrow. I had some cherry tomatoes with it.

I have not been feeling like cooking much lately

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

Tonight we had fried cubed pork, macaroni and cheese and leftover green beans with diced red potatoes in them. I baked a coconut pie and the crust was perfectly thin flaky and crisp on the bottom. I believe it's the best one yet.

chocomouse
                              Participant

Dinner was pork kebobs with red peppers and onions, plus bean salad, cole slaw, and cherry tomatoes drizzled with lemon balsamic. We basted the kebobs with chipotle bourbon maple syrup.

RiversideLen
                                Participant

I made a boneless chicken thigh. I chopped up some tomatoes and simmered it with the tomatoes. Had it with pasta and kale.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.