What are you Baking the Week of March 10, 2024?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of March 10, 2024?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

No immediate plans, but I'm gathering research for some experiments in keto-friendly baking.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

I had a slow start on Sunday morning. I hate having Daylight Savings Time arrive so early in the year and stay so late. Before a late lunch, I made Maple Granola, which bakes for two hours, with a stir and a pan turn halfway through the baking time.

In the afternoon, I baked a Blood Orange Yogurt Loaf using two of the blood oranges I have been able to find at Kroger this spring. I used a Nordic Ware loaf pan with swirls. The cake will rest overnight, then I will glaze it for dessert tomorrow evening and into the week.

I did one more bake in the evening of Blueberry (oil-based) Scones with Lemon Zest. We will start having them for breakfast tomorrow.

chocomouse
        Participant

I made simple dinner rolls, but added a lot of herbs for some flavor.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I baked Len's buns on Tuesday, so that we could use them for sandwiches at dinner. The rye/semolina/whole wheat works well with the leftover pan-cooked pork loin slices.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

I used some apple pie filling put that in a dish and topped with a crumble of 1/2 cup flour,1/2-cup oats , 1/3-cup sugar and 3 tablespoons butter. I turned out good.

RiversideLen
              Participant

I made a batch of my burger/sandwich buns.

navlys
                Participant

I had to make an appetizer for our Italian dinner with friends. I decided to make bruschetta with the addition of mozzarella cheese. The baguette I used for the crostini was a Cuban baguette. It did not have as many holes as an Italian baguette and was a little sweeter but it worked perfectly. The crust was not as crusty either.

aaronatthedoublef
                  Participant

Happy Pi Day!

BA - "I baked Len's bun..." I'm still laughing at that. Sorry, in an immature mood.

I made ciabatta. I will probably make cookies tonight or tomorrow. Sam is coming home and I have emergency cookie dough.

Henry made an interesting cookie from the KAF cookie book - Golden Diamonds. They are sort of like a shortbread dough with yeast. Instead of adding the sugar into the dough you spread it on the counter and roll the dough over it. Nice flaky texture. We all think Henry baked them a little too long but he liked them.

Interesting happened with the mixer - Henry was using the paddle and the bowl kept coming loose. We switched it to the dough hook since it was a yeasted dough and it smoothed out the mixing.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

I made dough for my Whole Wheat Sourdough Cheese Crackers on Thursday. I will bake them next week.

chocomouse
                      Participant

I made "Tropical" muffins, with chopped dried fruit: cherries, pineapple, mangos, and apricots.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

I baked a sour cream pound cake yesterday but put in two loaf pans , took one when we played cards
                          and the other one I took to my best friend today.They turned out well.I'm getting more use to my mixer still not sure when I need the one with flex beater or the paddle type for the cake.I started with flex but changed to the paddle.It sure creams the sugar quick and easy.Love it.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

It's great to hear how you are mastering the art of the stand mixer, Joan.

On Saturday, I baked my tweaked version of King Arthur's "Favorite Fudge Birthday Cake." My husband's birthday is tomorrow, and this cake is his favorite. I will not be using the recipe's lovely ganache but will substitute a chocolate glaze recipe that I used last year, and he liked.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.