What are you Baking the Week of December 18, 2022?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of December 18, 2022?

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

The fluting got messed up on the left side, I can never seem to get fluting that looks like the ones in the cookbooks. But it tasted great.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

In the last several days Diane has made oatmeal-raisin-date cookies, Russian tea cakes and two trays of chocolate mushroom cookies.

And she assembled the trifle after Christmas Eve dinner.

skeptic7
        Participant

I just baked what was suppose to be my regular quick bread/scone only with all white flour instead of whole wheat and 1/2 cup of left over cranberry sauce for flavor. It mixed up nicely used up 1 cup of superfulous buttermilk, and thin I poured it into a cast iron frying pan. It wasnt until the baking was finished I realized that this was a 12 inch frying pan and not a 10 inch pan. I have something like baked pancakes rather than scone subsitutes. But its tasty and colorful and has cranberry and orange flavors. Now I just need to adopt a focaccio recipe to use lots of milk...

aaronatthedoublef
          Participant

Hey Skeptic, you can use pancakes like scones... Spread some jam or clotted cream on them and they will be very tasty!

We had some unscheduled baking this morning. Kate made up a strada last night to bake today and we bought a panettone too. Violet would not eat either or anything else we had. So I pulled out my little Elizabeth Alston biscuit book and we made a recipe she has for biscuit cinnamon rolls. The recipe only used a cup of flour and 1/3 cup of milk but was supposed to make way more than we had. We had enough and some left over so it was okay but I think the recipe is wrong. I already had biscuit dough too but I'd just put it in the freezer last night.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.