What are you Baking the week of December 10th?

Home Forums General Discussions What are you Baking the week of December 10th?

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    skeptic7
    Participant

Happy Birthday to Mrs. Nolan.

cwcdesign
      Participant

Happy Birthday, Mrs. Nolan! Enjoy your ?

Mike I enjoyed the Greg Patent article and now I feel more confident about my use of ganache on the Boston Cream Pie. My friend demolished it with no ill effects (thankfully) and I did talk to KAF about the filling, just in case. His wife doesn’t like the texture of creamy foods, so she ate the cake and icing.

Luvpyrpom, another way to save time with the cookie dough that is not logs would be to make your individual cookie balls with a scoop and or by hand, freeze them on a sheet pan and then transfer to a ziplock. Then all you have to do is put them on the cookie sheet and bake. I do this all the time with chocolate chip cookies.

Italiancook
        Participant

Happy Belated Birthday, Mrs. Nolan.

RiversideLen
          Participant

Happy Birthday Mrs. Nolan, I hope you enjoyed your cake!

Rascals1
            Participant

I'm getting tickled, seeing all you all are doing and I'm just watching wishing I had a good bran muffin recipe. Guess that's my favorite muffin. Rascals1

BakerAunt
              Participant

Hi, Rascals! It's good to have you posting again. I have posted in recipes a Raisin Bran Muffin recipe for you. It is my favorite, and I bake it again, and again, and again. Enjoy!

skeptic7
                Participant

I did two batches of whole wheat gingerbread with three types of ginger, powdered, candied and fresh. I also included two cups of finely diced apples -- this worked so well with the apple scones and I had plenty of apples.. This adds a lot of moisture to the gingerbread which is good, but it takes so much time to finely slice and then chop the slices. I fed it to friends and it was well recieved.
                  I'm next going to bake pumpkin bread and I think I'll put apples in those recipes too.

aaronatthedoublef
                  Participant

Happy birthday to Mrs. Nolan!

I made doughnuts for Chanukah. I realized how long it has been since I made them when my four year old said I had never made them before. I made the KAF chocolate baked doughnuts. I usually use half butter and half oil but I made them all butter this year although oil would have been more appropriate for Hanukah. KAF has modified the recipe for half butter and half oil. The copy I downloaded years ago is one or the other.

KAF also has an interesting jelly doughnut recipe. It looks like pate choux that you fry instead of bake. And fried jelly doughnuts are the real Hanukah tradition, not baked chocolate ones. But no one complained.

I'll make my mom's molasses cookies and some meringues this week.

aaronatthedoublef
                    Participant

Sorry... One more link of Clandestine Cake Club Christmas cakes from their members...

cwcdesign
                      Participant

Those cakes are incredible Aaron, but way beyond my skill or patience.

Happy Chanukah!

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

Decorating cakes is an art form, and not one I've mastered.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.