SUMMARY
      Yield 0 File under Misc. Recipes & Requests

INSTRUCTIONS
      1 lb uncooked sausage
      1 tsp paprika
      10 oz sharp grated cheddar cheese
      3 cups Bisquick baking mix

Directions:
      Have all ingredients at room temperature. Combine sausage and cheese and then add paprika and biscuit mix. Roll into 1-inch balls. May be frozen at this stage.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Yield: about 100 balls.

comments
      Submitted by bonnievt on Fri, 2011-02-11 13:39.
      My now adult son asked me to find this recipe (or one like it) that I used to make for my kids when they were young. I have no idea where the recipe that I cut out from someplace is, but this looks the about same.
      He never used to like to eat breakfast, but was starved by mid-morning so I tossed a couple of these in his bag and he often ate one on the bus on his way to school and would eat the other later.
      I also had a few "healthy cookie" recipes that I made for him to take.
      For some reason this particular biscuit came up recently and he would like to be able to make them to carry when he is out and aout in the early AM as a bit of a change.
      My question is this - do you really mix them with the raw sausage and does it cook fully in that time?
      I honestly can't remember if I precooked the sausage or not, but I would consider it now, just to get a bit of the fat out of it~
      Anyone have an opinion on this?
      Thanks,
      Bonnie
      Submitted by anna on Sat, 2011-02-12 05:34.
      Yes, raw sausage. They are a bit greasy so I usually drain on a paper towel

Spread the word
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.