Ready to Eat Dessert

Home Forums Baking โ€” Desserts Ready to Eat Dessert

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cwcdesign
    Participant

I am going to a large Christmas party where the group is divided as to who brings what. I am in the Ready to Eat Dessert category. I assume that means you can pick it up and not need anything in the way of utensils - no Christmas trifle here

Any thoughts on festive items. The first thing that popped into my mind was truffles. Can't wait to read your thoughts.

Thanks!!!

Spread the word
      Italiancook
      Participant

Brownies, although they're not as festive as truffles. Cookies is another thought that comes to my mind. Christmas cut-out cookies would be festive. Cheesecake bites.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Italiancook.
        • This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Italiancook.
        Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

Before I went to Chocolate Boot Camp, I'd probably have made filled mini-tarts, using either a sable breton or a chocolate pate sucree dough, like the sable breton tarts shown at the bottom of the page. The sable breton dough is a much softer dough than pate sucree, which makes it a little more tricky to release from the molds.

My wife has a Nordicware Teacake Plaque that she makes small scones in, it should work for other small cakes. Her scones recipe is so buttery they never stick in the pan. I think shaped desserts are more attractive than drop cookies or bars that have to be cut.

These days I'd consider making a plate of chocolates, like the almond haystacks I made for a Halloween buffet. (I sent about 60 of them, they ate all but one.) For an even fancier dessert, I'd make filled molded chocolates. One of the chocolates we made in class was filled with a lemon white chocolate ganache, it's one I'm eager to try at home. We made them in egg molds that had been colored on the outside with yellow cocoa butter, but I think any shape or color exterior would work.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Mike Nolan.
          cwcdesign
          Participant

I think I may have found a contender

Still going to keep looking though

S_Wirth
            Participant

chocolate covered strawberries

S_Wirth
              Participant

For the above pic, chocolate covered strawberries always go quickly...this local lady has done them with many embellishments...nut sprinkles, sea salt, colored seasonal sprinkles, icing drizzles.

cwcdesign
                Participant

Those look delicious, Sarah. My only concern would be they are out of season and the ones in the store right now don't look very good and are expensive - maybe next spring ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.