Covid 19: The Next Six Months

Home Forums General Discussions Covid 19: The Next Six Months

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    cwcdesign
    Participant

Georgia is 65 and over for first round along with all healthcare, long term care facilities, law enforcement and fire. One health center vaccinated some teachers in another county and since they didn’t follow regulations the state took away their ability for a few months. At least there are other sites in that county, but still - what a stupid way to “punish”;the health center. I think teachers should have been in the first round.

BakerAunt
      Participant

I became eligible for the vaccine this week when Indiana opened it up to my age group. I have an appointment for February 27. It was to be on the 26th, but as I was registering, the slot filled up!

I agree that teachers should be considered essential workers, especially those teaching in person.

Italiancook
        Participant

My husband will soon have his second dose. I can hardly wait. Once he's immunized and 2 or 3 weeks have passed, I'm sending him to the market that sells fresh, seasonal produce. I'm really weary of eating frozen veggies, although the ones we buy are good. I think we missed artichoke season, but it will come around again, and I'm eager for artichokes. I'm also looking forward to fresh asparagus for Asparagus Soup.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

About the only fresh artichokes we ever see here are those big monsters, I've seen baby artichokes in the stores here maybe twice in 44 years, and one of those the produce manager told me was an ordering mistake.

But at least Sams has decent artichoke hearts in a big jar, in water rather than marinated with herbs and oil. I bought two jars of them this week, because we've been putting them on salads and pizzas a lot lately.

cwcdesign
            Participant

I had my first shot yesterday (Pfizer), not much reaction - mostly tired and a sore arm today. Next shot in 3 weeks

kimbob
              Participant

Cvs got vaccines yesterday and I was trying to get on their website. After 2 hours, managed to get mom a vaccine on Valentine's day and the 2nd a month from then. Couldn't get an appt for my husband and myself. I really want him to get it because he has a lot of underlying conditions. Nightmare the way this is rolling out. More vaccines on the horizon.

chocomouse
                Participant

Kimbob just posted about the snow moving into her area tonight through Tuesday, and here we are predicted to get 8 - 14 inches through Tuesday night. I'm scheduled for my Covid vaccine Tuesday evening. I've waited 3 weeks for this appointment!! It's a 30 minute drive on not so great roads, but I hope the clinic isn't canceled.

kimbob
                  Participant

Oh, chocomouse, I pray you can get your vaccine!! It's so hard to get an appt. Hopefully the roads will be plowed.

kimbob
                    Participant

My 70 yr old friend had covid in December and was I'll at home for 5 weeks. She just had the 1st dose of covid vaccine yesterday morning and by late afternoon had a severe reaction like she had covid again. Her cousin and another person who had covid but mild cases got the vaccine and also had reactions. I googled and on WebMD it said

Attachments:
                      You must be logged in to view attached files.
                      BakerAunt
                      Participant

One news story I read suggested waiting three months after recovering from Covid-19 before getting the vaccine. I probably read it at either NY Times, Washington Post, or PBS News Hour science weekly email letter.

chocomouse
                        Participant

I got my vaccine tonight! Driving was OK in spite of the ice storm. The worst part about the appointment was observing the lack of sanitation procedures. There was no hand sanitizer in sight. We had to answer questions on a clipboard using a pen. When finished, put the clipboard back on the counter. No sanitizing before the next person in line used it. I doubt they wiped down the small room that I had to wait in for 15 minutes after the shot. All this in a medical office! At least, the medical office staff was not involved, it was the Covid vaccination clinic staff who ran the vaccinations. I got my second shot scheduled, but unfortunately there was a change so I now have to go to a clinic 30 miles away instead of 20 miles. Oh well, in 4 weeks there will be more daylight hours so I will feel more comfortable driving after dark. Good luck to everyone else waiting to get appointments!

BakerAunt
                          Participant

I'm glad to hear that weather did not prevent your getting the shot, Chocomouse. I am making a note to bring my own pen when I go to get my shot. As for hand sanitizer, I never leave home without it anymore.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

We have appointments to get the vaccine on Wednesday.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

Good news, Mike!

My husband received his second shot of the Moderna vaccine on Thursday. I received my first shot of the Pfizer vaccine on Saturday. Why the difference? My husband went to the next county, after having difficulty signing up in ours. That site was a Knights of Columbus Hall. I was able to sign up in our county, and the site was the hospital, which would have the ultra cold freezers the Pfizer requires. So, I go back for the second shot in just three weeks.

Side effects have been limited for both of us. There is some discomfort at the injection site, but neither of us found it troublesome. I found that I became tired faster toward evening and was climbing into bed at 10. I also woke a couple of times and was too hot under the covers but cooled down with the covers off and went back to sleep. After I mentioned it, my husband realized he had similar responses. On the whole, I had no more discomfort than what I sometimes have with a flu shot.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

I forgot to add that I did online pre-registration, and questions were asked and noted by the workers, so there was no need to pick up a pen. My husband did have to fill out paperwork, so he took his own pen.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 112 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.