Home › Forums › Cooking — (other than baking) › What are you Cooking the Week of August 16, 2026?
- This topic has 24 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 month, 1 week ago by
BakerAunt.
-
AuthorPosts
-
August 16, 2026 at 10:45 am #49880August 16, 2026 at 4:49 pm #49881
It's extremely hot here and I made a grilled cheese sandwich with a can of tomato soup.
It's 5:46pm and it's 92* feels like 104 heat index.It got to 97 today and we have the same forecast for most of the week.
August 16, 2026 at 6:35 pm #49882We had deli meats and fresh tomatoes again tonight. That's kind of our go-to meal during the peak of tomato season.
August 16, 2026 at 9:54 pm #49883We had more of the Turkey-Zucchini Loaf for dinner on Sunday, along with microwaved fresh broccoli.
In the afternoon, I made three jars of refrigerator dill pickles. I had only intended to make two, but Scott brought in some more cucumbers from the garden, and I still had a few in the refrigerator, so three jars it was. I hope that we can eat them fast enough.
Stay cool, Joan. We have been having very high humidity for the past week and a half, but at least the temperatures are not as high as yours.
August 16, 2026 at 10:59 pm #49886I made a stir fry with broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms and shrimp.
August 17, 2026 at 6:06 pm #49887Repeating the grilled cheese and tomato soup. Love refrigerator pickles BakerAunt!
Today temperature got to 98 with heat index of 109. I stayed in most of the day!Humidity is so high air feels like you could cut it.I know Cwcdesign is getting the same hot humid weather, stay safe friends! I feel for the ones that are working outside!
August 17, 2026 at 6:52 pm #49888We finished the turkey zucchini loaf for dinner on Monday, along with some microwaved frozen mixed vegetables and more peach cobbler for dessert.
An easy dinner was welcomed, as we both had messy mornings. Scott went to the woods to do some work, the truck got stuck, and he had to text someone to pull him out. At home, I decided to tackle a shelf in the utility cabinet where I knew one of the plastic shelf holders (three on each side) had gotten knocked out. It turned out a second one was also loose, and as I was moving items, I knocked over a glass jar of whole allspice, then spent time cleaning up the glass and the little allspice balls that went everywhere. I think there is a bigger problem with the utility cabinets, so I have everything stacked on the table and counter. Scott has promised to tackle this job tomorrow., starting with the other side that has been messed up since New Year's. (He got a long pass while he was rehabilitating his shoulder.)
August 17, 2026 at 11:04 pm #49889I made pork tenderloin on the BBQ, had it with mashed potatoes, sugar snap peas, cauliflower, and carrot.
August 18, 2026 at 8:54 am #49890We had eye of round with some potato salad for supper, and I sliced the rest of the meat up for sandwiches.
August 18, 2026 at 10:18 am #49891Lucky me. I sliced my baby finger's tendon, nerve and artery. I was holding a hoagie roll in my left hand and was slicing the roll horizontally with my sharp bread knife and voila! Now my husband is learning to cook. He has made omelets, chicken fajitas and tuna melts. I think he now appreciates me after all these years.
August 18, 2026 at 3:17 pm #49893I'm sorry to hear that, navlys! I have cut fingers before that way but not as badly as you did. Hope it heals quickly.
I made sweet sausage, onion, padron peppers from my friend's garden, and 1 tomato.
August 18, 2026 at 6:00 pm #49894That is a nasty cut, Navlys. I'm sending healing wishes your way.
I roasted four large bone-in chicken breasts on Tuesday after we found a marked down package at our weekly shopping trip to the local grocery store. To go with some of the chicken for dinner, I made a stir-fry of caramelized zucchini, carrots, celery, purple bell pepper, green onion, mushrooms, and kale, to which I added farro cooked in some chicken/turkey broth from the freezer. We should have enough leftovers for the rest of the week.
August 18, 2026 at 10:20 pm #49898Navlys sorry to hear of your cut, sure hope it heals quickly! No fun for sure!
No cooking for me tonight me and my friend went for wings and and a beer, we won food gift cards playing Bingo a couple weeks ago.
August 19, 2026 at 6:27 am #49900Lucky you, Joan! Dinner sounded fun and delicious!
August 19, 2026 at 1:34 pm #49901Wishing you a speedy recovery, Navlys.
Last night I had leftover pork tenderloin with one pot mac and cheese.
-
AuthorPosts
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
