Covid 19: The Next Six Months

Home Forums General Discussions Covid 19: The Next Six Months

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Italiancook
    Participant

So sorry to hear your news, Joan. I prayed for your full recovery last night and will do so again. I hope you're back to the computer sooner than you expect.

S_Wirth
      Participant

Joan...I am so sorry to learn of your illness. Hoping each day you will be better and stronger. My prayers are with you and your husband.

S_Wirth
        Participant

cwcdesign...Hoping you'll avoid the awful Covid and things will get back to a better normal for you soon.

skeptic7
          Participant

Joan, I hope you have a swift and complete recovery.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Thank you all for the prayers, I am a believer in the power of prayer and I can feel the healing in my body.I am getting my strength back but am not overdoing around here.We have a mighty God and I know he'll take care of me.

Italiancook
              Participant

Joan, I'm so glad you feel well enough to post an update. May God grant you a full recovery.

BakerAunt
                Participant

Maybe it is due to this time of pandemic, which began for all of us in earnest nine months ago, but I am really missing all the special Christmas baking I used to do before I cut almost all butter from my diet, so on Thursday, I baked Pfeffernusse. Yesterday, I decorated the tree. Today I strung lights on the dining room railing. With the spicy fragrance of these special German Christmas cookies, the Christmas decorations, and the light snow outside, I now feel part of the season.

kimbob
                  Participant

Yesterday brought some Christmas cookies over to my friend and left them on her porch because she was feeling a bit ill. She had a covid on Friday and heard today she is positive for covid. This suxs!

BakerAunt
                    Participant

I hope that your friend will be ok, Kimbob.

My younger stepson caught Covid-19 before Thanksgiving, after going out to dinner with one of his house mates who was not feeling well. He has recovered. I also found out that my dentist, who is very particular about health and safety, contracted the virus and was hospitalized. He is at home now and recovering, but that one shocked me.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

A few months ago, Indiana introduced metrics whereby counties are color coded in terms of prevalence of Covid-19. I tended to ignore it and focus instead on number of cases. It seemed odd to me that with high numbers our county was consistently orange, the next to lowest tier--the one that allows gatherings of up to 50 masked people inside. (I think that is far too high.) It turns out that someone made a mistake calculating the data, and our county--and about half the counties in Indiana--should have been in the red zone, which is the next to highest tier. That one only allows masked indoor gatherings of 25 (still too high in my opinion).

skeptic7
                        Participant

BakerAunt; I hope your stepson recovers quickly. Indoor gatherings in Virginia are limited to 10 with masks. People can still do outdoor excersize in groups of 25. My groups are much smaller, 4 and 10, but we always wear masks and meet outside. I am sorry Indiana had problems with the data. I hope the restrictions help.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

Yesterday my husband received his first Moderna Covid-19 vaccine shot. Other than some soreness in his arm, he is doing fine. He reports that using the arm makes it less sore.

I'm still too young for this round in Indiana, but there is talk that it will start opening up in the next couple of weeks for my age group.

cwcdesign
                            Participant

Through a serendipitous email exchange with a friend, I now have my first scheduled for February 9th. Very thankful.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

We're both registered for the vaccine in Nebraska, but under 75 is in group 2 and they're still working on group 1.

chocomouse
                                Participant

Last week I got scheduled for my 1st dose, 75 or over with 2 of the qualifying medical conditions, for February 16. I leave the house to go to the grocery store once every 2 weeks, and the drive-up pharmacy window every couple of months. My son, a first responder, got his 1st yesterday. My grand-daughter, who has a class of 20 third graders, in person, is nowhere near close to getting hers, it will be another 3-4 months. This does not seem quite right.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 112 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.