Covid 19: The Next Six Months

Home Forums General Discussions Covid 19: The Next Six Months

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Non-profits are on some politicians' radar, too, mostly because they have the audacity to think they can do more good than the government can. One idea that might get done quickly is to have sundown dates on any foundations, eg, they have 10 or 20 years to spend all their money. (Of course they'll exempt some entities from this.)

chocomouse
      Participant

I had my second Moderna vaccine last Thursday, 4 days ago, and my arm is still not OK. I do believe it has nothing to do with the vaccine, but rather the insertion of the needle. It was very painful and the needle was in for about 8-10 seconds. It was also extremely high on my arm. I still have a 2-inch black and blue bruise there. My upper arms is tender, swollen, and very warm, especially when I get out of bed (I assume due to the lack of movement). I think the nurse who gave me the shot screwed up! I've never had anything like this before. Due to some of my health issues, I frequently have jabs and blood draws, but nothing like this has happened. I have none of the other side effects from receiving the vaccine. I will call my pcp tomorrow if things are not improved. I wish pain-free experiences for those of you still 'in-line' for the vaccine.

banneton
        Participant

Chocomouse,
          There is a related injury to the vaccine called Sirva shoulder vaccine injury. You might mention this to your PCP tomorrow. It has to do with the injection site.
          Hope you feel better.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I googled the Sirva Shoulder that Banneton mentioned. The shot definitely affected the nerve in my arm for the initial 24 hours, and there is some remaining mild nerve discomfort that I expect will alleviate. My arm had pain and there was some problem with muscle control, and it was stiff. I used my left arm to "arrange" the right one when putting on clothing or re-arranging myself in bed during that initial period. I had instant oatmeal on Sunday so that I would not need to stir it. I did not have any bruising on my arm. Like Chocomouse, I had more pain that seemed to last the whole time of the shot, and the site seemed higher.

I hope that you feel better, Chocomouse.

chocomouse
            Participant

Thank you for posting that link, Banneton. I did read the article, and I do think that may be what is making my arm so sore. And BakerAunt's issues sound similar to mine. I took a good look at that area of my arm in the mirror, and I see how close to the top of my arm/shoulder the injection was - it is closer than 3 inches below the top. So, I suspect the injection may not have been into the deltoid muscle but perhaps into the shoulder capsule. Not having a medical degree (ha!) so not making a diagnose here, but -- I bet the intense and long-lasting pain is due to the injection and not the vaccine. I am feeling a little better today, less pain, less heat, less swelling. Pushing the vacuum cleaner around the kitchen floor for 20 minutes and then mopping for 15 minutes was my limit this morning. BakerAunt, I hope we'll both be back to kneading bread in a few more days!

kimbob
              Participant

Holy crap, chocomouse and BakerAunt! Husband and I getting our 2nd Pfizer shot Friday. Better get it in my left arm and maybe draw a dot where it should go in (like I know). Hope you feel better.

cwcdesign
                Participant

I am so sorry for those of you who are having symptoms from your shots. That’s miserable. I hope you are all on the mend soon.

I had my 2nd Pfizer shot 3 weeks ago and while my arm was sore I chalk it up to the nurse. My first one was high on my arm (had to be my right since my left was recuperating from the surgery). The nurse was a nursing student at the local college, and I never even felt it touch my skin on the way in or out. Second shot was from a school nurse, I think it was lower and it was like she jabbed me - it hurt the minute it touched my skin. When I had my physical, my doctor said the majority of his patients had minor symptoms for both, some had more severe, but so far none really bad. One of his patients was in the Pfizer trial and found out she was given the vaccine (much to her relief).

I had one friend who was sure he was going to be really sick with his second, but wasn’t.

Be sure to drink lots of water before, They recommend not taking pain medication before the shot, but can after. After more water, ice and rest should all help, we were told.

kimbob
                  Participant

Had our 2nd Pfizer vaccine on Friday. No side effects so far, knock on wood. Are your arms better BakerAunt and chocomouse?

BakerAunt
                    Participant

Kimbob--My arm was well on its way to recovery after the initial 36 hours. Like Chocomouse, I believe that the shot was incorrectly situated, and that is why I had the arm issues. I did have some fever, headache, and head congestion, as well as a bit of nausea, over the first evening into the next day. (For reference, I got my shot at 8:30 a.m., EDT.) Some of the fatigue may have been because the arm pain kept me awake that night. It was not terrible. I just spent most of the Sunday after getting the shot propped up on the couch with a blanket.

cwcdesign
                      Participant

Will is now eligible to sign up for his shots. Georgia opened sign-ups to any adult over 16 regardless of health issues on the 25th.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

We had our second Pfizer shots on Friday, and my wife has a little sore spot at the point of the injection, but not much, I haven't had any noticeable soreness. I thought I might have been having some chills Friday night, but I think I just wasn't under all the usual bedding.

chocomouse
                          Participant

My arm is much better now - no pain, no swelling, no heat. The bruising has started turning yellow, fading. I'm so grateful I didn't have any of the vaccine side effects to deal with also. And also happy that, it seems, none of us Kitcheners had serious side effects. I saw a newspaper photo of a lady's bruised arm, and it appeared the shot was given almost on top of her shoulder - even higher up than mine. I wonder how she is feeling today.

cwcdesign
                            Participant

Will had his first Pfizer shot today. It's also nice to see all my young co-workers taking advantage of the new availability.

aaronatthedoublef
                              Participant

Had my second shot (Pfizer) Saturday and no ill effects. My arm was not to sore until Violet started jumping on me.

skeptic7
                                Participant

I just got my first Covid shot ( Pfizer ). A mass vaccination center opened up in the empty store at a nearby mall. I was able to sign up online and go in that same day. I was afraid that I would be searching for an opening for weeks. I had a sore arm that afternoon but the pain was mild and I didn't feel the need for pain killers.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 112 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.