Covid 19: The Next Six Months

Home Forums General Discussions Covid 19: The Next Six Months

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Italiancook
    Participant

cwdesign, I hope you don't develop a fever or Covid. What did your market put on the sign to let customers know why they're closed for 10 days. I have a friend who went to a bank and saw a "Closed for Covid" sign.

BakerAunt
      Participant

CWCdesign--I will keep you and your team in my prayers. It does sound as if the rest of you had limited exposure. HR should definitely be providing testing for everyone--and not just once.

cwcdesign
        Participant

They probably weren’t that direct. Marketing department was going to put up the sign - might not be til tomorrow AM.

Got a text from my manager (not Chef) asking me to let her know if I wanted to pick up hours in another location if they were looking for people while we were closed. Really?!? I don’t think so.

Thanks for all your prayers - Chef’s husband tested negative today

kimbob
          Participant

Yikes! Stay safe cwcdesign! My friend got covid from her son's 2 yr old (who had no symptoms) because the mother (Ex girlfriend who is 26 yrs younger than him 🙄) went to her brother's wedding where no one was wearing a mask. 100 people there. So my friend's son got it, she got it, her 2 other granddaughters (16 and 20), her daughter-in-law. My friend is 75. She had aches, chills, sore throat, fever. But is well now, thank God. Her 1st day out of quarantine was election day. People are so stupid not wearing masks and social distancing. It's scary.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Cwcdesign you and your team are in our prayers and hoping all goes well.Some of the tests come back a positive ,then negative.I think we're gonna be seeing this a longtime.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

One of the vaccines being tested is reporting a 90% effective rate, but that's still preliminary. It will likely be December at the earliest before they can start immunizations with any of the several vaccines under development.

What worries me is there may be different profiles as to which vaccine works best for which population subgroup, which would complicate the process of distributing it and getting the vaccine best for you rather than just the one that's available.

We go through that every year with the flu vaccine. I'm over 65 so I'm supposed to take the high dose senior citizens one. My wife reacts to egg-cultured vaccines, so she's supposed to take the recombinant one that isn't cultured in eggs. The pharmacy we normally use didn't have either of them available, so we had to go to a different pharmacy across town that had both in stock.

cwcdesign
                Participant

I spoke with HR this morning. The health department says as long as there are no symptoms to wait 10 days after last time you saw the person and obviously right away if you develop symptoms. This morning my temperature was 97.2.

Kimbob I’m sorry about your friend - I hope she is OK

And, I mentioned to the head of HR about all the great signs in Hilton Head. She asked me to send her the photos - as she said the more we can get people to comply the better.

And, I drew my line in the sand and told my manager that I will NOT do any fill in shifts over the holidays. No matter what F&B leadership says. She was OK with that

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by cwcdesign.
                  Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Good for you Cwcdesign, standup for yourself! Tell'em girl!

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

I had to go back to doctor and I tested positive for the damn Covid.I'm staying in my room my husband is taking care of me.So you won't see me on here for awhile I still can smell and taste but am so weak I couldn't hardly standup to shower.Ya'll stay safe.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

I will keep you in my prayers, Joan.

kimbob
                        Participant

Oh, Joan, I'm so sorry! Just take it easy and you'll get thru this. I'm cheering and praying for you. My 75 yr old friend beat it and so will you.
                          Kim

chocomouse
                          Participant

So sorry about this, Joan. But of course you can handle it, you're a tough lady and you have a great supporter!

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

Stay safe, Joan!

cwcdesign
                              Participant

Joan, I am so sorry to hear this! Sending lots of healing thoughts your way.

We got the call today that we won’t reopen until the 23rd. I have my test scheduled for Tuesday at 9:45 - still no symptoms for me.

RiversideLen
                                Participant

Sorry to hear that, Joan. I'm keeping you in my prayers and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 112 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.