Participant

almond apricot cake
      Submitted by macy on April 23, 2005 at 4:03 pm

DESCRIPTION
      Almond Apricot Cake

SUMMARY
      Yield 0 File under cakes

INSTRUCTIONS
      I'm not sure who to credit this to. I clipped the recipe from a magazine too many years ago to remember. The style looks like an old Redbook or Family Circle, and it probably would have been published in the late 70's.

I recommend the Ice Water White cake I have posted in a separate recipe, but you can substitute your own favorite from scratch or a mix. The almond filling stabilizes the whipped cream for days.

2-layer white cake, baked in 8" square pans
      1 12-ounce jar apricot preserves
      2 tablespoons Amaretto
      1 1/2 cups whipping cream
      1/3 cup almond cake and pastry filling
      Sliced almonds, toasted (optional for garnish)

Cut cake layers in half horizontally, forming four layers. Stir together preserves and Amaretto. Spread one layer with 1/3 of the apricot mixture. Repeat with two more layers and remaining apricot mixtrue. Top with final layer. Beat cream to soft peaks. Gently fold in the almond filling. Using pastry tube and decorative tip, pipe whipped cream mixture over top and sides of cake (or you can spread it on with a spatula). Garnish cake with toasted almonds. chill.

Makes 12 servings.

If you can't find the pastry filling, decorate the cake with plain whipped cream. Add a few drops of almond extract or 2 teaspoons of Amaretto if you like.

Spread the word
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by rottiedogs.
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.