Welcome to My Nebraska Kitchen! My plan is to grow this site into a cooking and baking site that is functional, easy to use, entertaining and informative.
- A Discussion Forums area. A number of the people who were active in the King Arthur Flour Baking Circle are reading and posting on this forum, but it is open to any and all site members. Come join us, you’ll find bakers (and cooks) of all skill levels.
- A Recipe Library, with over 2200 tested recipes!
- Recipe analysis tools, including one that can do baker’s math computations and recipe resizing and (hopefully) nutritional analysis. It should make it easy to print recipes in various sizes. Another goal is a module that takes a recipe typed freeform (or cut-and-pasted) and puts it in a standard format, including recognizing most ingredients and various forms of measuring them (metric, ounces, dry measure.)
- Reports on interesting recipes and techniques that we’ve tried
- Restaurant Reviews
- Book Reviews
- Sections devoted to diet-restricted cooking, including gluten-free cooking and baking, vegan cooking and garlic-free cooking
All of this won’t get done overnight, though.
Here’s a photo of the baking area in our kitchen. (No, it isn’t often this well-organized!)
Expect a lot of changes as the site grows, both in terms of feature and the look-and-feel of the site.
Join our mailing list and receive notification when new blog posts are added:
Users who have LIKED this post: