What are you Cooking the week of December 10th?

Home Forums General Discussions What are you Cooking the week of December 10th?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I'm making pot roast tonight using arm roast, which was on sale this week.

Spread the word
      Italiancook
      Participant

I made Ann Lander's meatloaf. Recipe below. I did not use MSG, and I have no idea what maggl is. As I recall recipe printed in Chicago paper said to use Accent (is Accent MSG?), and it called for bacon over the top. I also don't use the bacon.

http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/original-ann-landers-meatloaf-506606

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Italiancook.
        RiversideLen
        Participant

Yes, Accent is msg.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

Maggi is a seasoning that comes in both liquid and cube form. The ingredients vary depending upon what country you buy it in, but one of the ingredients is usually sodium glutamate.

Here's a page with more information on Maggi

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

It doesn't really qualify as cooking or baking but I made several trays worth of chocolates using Christmas themed molds last night (santas, trees, stars, snowflakes, etc.)

BakerAunt
              Participant

Monday I made Maple Glazed Rosemary Chicken and Sweet Potatoes for dinner. We had it with steamed broccoli.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

We had our old standby,Taco Salad one of my husbands favorites.

navlys
                  Participant

A few years ago we ( me,my husband and friends) attended the annual Gettysburg Holiday Tour. One of the B&Bs served their signature chicken salad and it was the best chicken salad any of us had ever tasted. It had raisins, banana, orange juice, cranberry sauce, orange yogurt.... I looked the recipe up online and found it so I thought that I could find it again when I was ready to make it. Well guess what it can no longer be found online (another subject). Anyway I tracked down the inn where it was served and they sent me the recipe. This will be our dinner this evening.

Italiancook
                    Participant

I have chicken breasts marinating for Lickin' Chicken from "Cook-Ahead Cookery." We'll have them tonight with either mashed cauliflower or steamed broccoli.

As an afterthought, I made Carrot Salad from Martha Stewart's book "Entertaining."

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Italiancook.
                      Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

Websites come and go, for a variety of reasons, so you can't always count on a website being available or having certain content for years.

Did you ask if it was OK to post their recipe here?

A friend makes a chicken salad with grapes and mandarin oranges, It's the best chicken salad I've had. (Recipe is already posted.)

RiversideLen
                        Participant

Today I made pumpkin oat waffles.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

We had sausage,rice,dry large lima beans and tomato gravy to go over rice with cornbread.

cwcdesign
                            Participant

I made sheet pan Fajitas for dinner tonight

BakerAunt
                              Participant

My husband cooked pork chops tonight. I used the remainder of that quick-cooking barley, along with my homemade turkey broth, to make a pilaf with carrots, celery, garlic, red bell pepper, mushrooms, green onion, parsley, and poultry seasoning.

navlys
                                Participant

Ok, I made the "Gettysburg" chicken salad, stuffed in a pita half and served it with thai pumpkin soup.( recipe from the Food and Wine web site). I liked the chicken salad, my husband wasn't crazy about the banana in it. The thai soup which called for 3T of red curry paste was Hot, Hot Hot!!! I should have known to hold back on the curry paste. My bad.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.