Sun. Oct 4th, 2026

navlys

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 649 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of October 6, 2024? #44178
    navlys
    Participant

      We had herbed lamb loin chops with roasted potatoes and green beans. We usually buy the lamb chops at Costco. They are more than an inch and a half thick and they are very reasonably priced. I pinned the recipe from Epicurious and they still allow me to see it even though I am not a subscriber.

      in reply to: Vintage Cookbooks #44152
      navlys
      Participant

        Thanks BA. I really enjoyed that video! Can't believed Glen licked the bowl at the end. That is something I do even if it's not kosher.

        in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of September 29, 2024? #44146
        navlys
        Participant

          I had more figs from my neighbor so I made them into a preserve. I found a recipe on line for pork tenderloin with fig preserves. For the heck of it I brined my tenderloin in salted and sugared water before hand. The results were amazing if I do say so myself!

          in reply to: Aerogarden is shutting down #44127
          navlys
          Participant

            I guess I'm too late to the party. I always thought one of these days I would purchase one of these. I did have a friend who had one but he couldn't keep up with it. Anyway it sounds like it was/is a responsible company and I always feel sad when one has to go close shop.

            in reply to: Used Rival 6‑Quart Crock Pot 38601 #44079
            navlys
            Participant

              This is probably a no no but I often leave the lid on my crockpot slightly askew so that it doesn't heat up as fast. It's very frustrating to say the least.

              in reply to: Vintage Cookbooks #44024
              navlys
              Participant

                BA that sounds like fun. My husband just pointed out to me that I still have quite a few cookbooks in our cabinet. They were the ones I couldn't part with.

                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of September 22, 2024? #44015
                navlys
                Participant

                  I sauteed some shrimp then added thai curry sauce from TJ's and asian medley steamed vegetables.

                  in reply to: Vintage Cookbooks #44001
                  navlys
                  Participant

                    I had Martha Stewart's "Entertaining " cookbook.Nice pictures but not nice recipes. Away it went.

                    in reply to: 52 years as a down payment towards forever #43962
                    navlys
                    Participant

                      Happy Anniversary Mike. My husband and I were married in New Hampshire on the 16th ( 46 yrs. ago). For some reason I was thinking fall and my bridesmaids wore burgundy velour gowns. We had one bartender for 110 people and the temperature was in the high 80's....very warm. Oh well too late to do anything about it now.

                      in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of September 15, 2024? #43937
                      navlys
                      Participant

                        BA We like pickles. I'll have to try them. Thanks.

                        in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of September 8, 2024? #43870
                        navlys
                        Participant

                          My neighbor gave me some figs from her tree so I made a pork tenderloin recipe with figs that I had saved from years back. Today's recipes are rated which is helpful but most of them are written to advertise some product or tool. I find my older recipes more reliable.

                          in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of September 8, 2024? #43869
                          navlys
                          Participant

                            I just saw that Costco had avocado oil on sale. Did not check out to see if it said "extra virgin". I remembered reading the article but forgot what to look for until I saw your post. I haven't purchased it yet.

                            in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of September 1, 2024? #43777
                            navlys
                            Participant

                              This is a snack but it is baked. It's David Lebovitz's spicy pretzel and nut mix. I use cashews and instead of cayenne pepper I use Arizona Dreaming from Penzeys. It does have maple syrup and brown sugar and a small amount of butter. My husband and friends love it.

                              in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of August 18, 2024? #43665
                              navlys
                              Participant

                                BA are your cocktail bread pans the same ones that used to come in different shapes ie round , star shaped and maybe square? They had a top too. I still have these unused pans. Since it is hard to find cocktail bread now I'm thinking that maybe this rye bread recipe would work in one of those.

                                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of August 18, 2024? #43646
                                navlys
                                Participant

                                  I made flatbread pizza with sausage and pineapple. Tonight will be steak salad. On a side note I finally found a successful way to store cilantro. I washed and dried it and put it in a container with a damp paper towel on the bottom and a damp paper towel on top . I sealed the container (glass) and it is still fresh 4 days later. I had tried other techniques and they didn't work!

                                Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 649 total)