What are you Cooking the Week of January 28, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of January 28, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

Our dinner tonight was omelets and English muffins.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

We have two Sams stores in town, the closer one only has the part-skim shredded mozzarella these days, I haven't been to the other one recently to know if they've still got the whole milk version.

Sams Clubs tend to vary what they have by some unpublished schedule, darned if I know what it is. For several years they didn't have the artichoke hearts, now they've got them again as well as the black diamond cheese spread, but I haven't seen the Five Bean salad there yet, or the shredded 4 cheese blend we liked.

I've been using the part-skim one and haven't had any noticeable issues with it. Yeah, a 5 pound bag is huge, and I don't recall if I've seen an expiration date, but it lasts a long time if you don't open it. Once you open it, the clock is ticking and you need to freeze as much of it as you can, or it will go moldy in as little as 2-3 weeks. I freeze it in 6 ounce bags.

chocomouse
        Participant

For dinner tonight we had frozen, breaded fish fillets, mashed butternut squash from the freezer, and corn-bean salad.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

I had the last of the chili and a hot dog.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

We had a pork roast with a broccoli and cheese casserole.

BakerAunt
              Participant

We had the last of the Tarragon Chicken Thighs and Rice, along with microwaved fresh broccoli.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

I had a chef salad.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

With all the leftovers gone, I made beef stew for dinner on Thursday. I like to use Penzey's Smokey Sweet Paprika and Tsardust Nights blend, but after going through all my spices (and knocking down a shelf in the incorrectly named utility cabinet), I realized that I was out of the Tsardust blend. I used some cinnamon, a bit of nutmeg, ground pepper, and some marjoram--all listed on the empty bottle--but I only managed a faint replication of the blend. And why did I have an empty bottle sitting around? It was to remind me to order it, which clearly did not work. On a bright note: the endless fog and mist broke last night, and we saw the moon, and had bright sunshine today for the first time in nearly two weeks.

chocomouse
                    Participant

For lunch today, I heated up leftover bulgogi bibambap, and decided next time I make it, I will double my recipe so I have more leftovers. We had tuna fish sandwiches and potato chips for dinner.

RiversideLen
                      Participant

I made stuffed peppers today.

navlys
                        Participant

BA I really like the tsardust spice and Arizona dreaming. Too bad we aren't neighbors I could share some with you.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

I had roast beef and gravy from the freezer over dry toast and some blue cheese on the side.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

I think we're having tacos for supper, or something similar.

chocomouse
                              Participant

I cooked a pork loin roast, with potatoes, carrots, and onions in the same pot. I made au jus with boiled cider, chicken broth, and Herbes de Province.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

That dinner sounds wonderful, Chocomouse.

We had leftover beef stew and cornbread for dinner.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.