What are you Cooking the Week of February 25, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of February 25, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I'm going to make more custards today.

Spread the word
      navlys
      Participant

We are being treated to Chinese which is why I am making almond flavored sugar cookies!?!

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

We had fish (cod and salmon) and broccoli for supper tonight.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

I had pepper jack cheese pineapple sausage with a salad.

BakerAunt
            Participant

That sounds really good, Joan.

We re-ran the Spaghetti Squash Casserole, but this time with microwaved frozen mixed vegetables.

RiversideLen
              Participant

I made stuffed peppers yesterday. I had one with pasta and broccoli.

BakerAunt
                Participant

For dinner on Monday, we had coleslaw and Crispy Oven Baked Fish and Chips with Dill Tartar Sauce.

I also made yogurt today.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

BakerAunt we have a new butcher shop in town and they have great meats, I was impressed. Tonight I had black peppered bacon with eggs and raisin toast.

cwcdesign
                    Participant

Yesterday, I tried a new recipe from the Washington Post - Skillet orzo withspinach, chicken and goat cheese. It's very easy and I've already enjoyed it for 2 nights. There is enough for 2 more. Will is out of town, so I'm trying to eat well, but not cook every day. Tonight I made a shredded cucumber salad to go with it. I do think it could use more cheese.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

Tonight we had BLT salads, 4 strips of bacon and 2 ounces of chopped tomato on about 6 ounces of iceberg lettuce with a spoonful of mayo or Miracle Whip to give it that 'BLT' taste. I added a sprinkle of romano cheese to mine.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

Thank you for reviewing that recipe, CWCdesign. I had printed it off to try sooner or later. Given your review, it will be sooner!

RiversideLen
                          Participant

I made garlic mashed potatoes. I put a smashed garlic clove in with the potatoes as they are simmering. I whipped them (with my hand mixer) with milk, a touch of butter and some parmesan cheese. This caused mashed potato to fly all over my stove top (need to use a taller pot next time). The potatoes were good with just a little garlic in the background. I could put in more parm next time. I had it with a stuffed pepper and brussels sprouts. I have enough potato left for tomorrow.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

I had rotisserie chicken and a Caesar salad.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

I've done mashed potatoes with garlic before, Len, but I never thought to add Parmesan. I'll have to try it. BTW, I also have discovered, with my hand blender that a taller pot is essential when mixing.

I roasted chicken thighs and sweet potato chunks for dinner on Tuesday, which we had with leftover coleslaw. There is enough chicken left for another meal, and there is still plenty of coleslaw.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

After hitting a high of 82 yesterday, we're expecting a low of 13 tonight and have gotten a dusting of snow.

So we had some vegetable beef soup for supper, giving us a nice warm feeling.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.