What are you Cooking the Week of February 25, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of February 25, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    RiversideLen
    Participant

I hear weather approaching. I hope it's not too bad.

Tonight I had my last stuffed pepper, leftover mashed potatoes and broccoli. I put the mashed potato in a non stick fry pan lightly oiled and sliced the pepper down the middle and placed that in the pan too, covered it and heated it gently while the broccoli cooked. It came out real nice.

chocomouse
      Participant

For dinner last night, we had grilled salmon with Mediterranean salad with penne, and cole slaw. This was delicious after a week of eating take-out soups and salads in a hotel room in Maine!

navlys
        Participant

We had tuna melts with sweet potato fries. I added copped carrots and chopped pickles to the tuna. I buy Genova yellowfin tuna packed in oil. Yum

Joan Simpson
          Participant

I had stewed squash and onions with rotisserie chicken and a salad.

chocomouse
            Participant

Dinner tonight was bibambap and beef bulgogi. I bought both of them at a terrific deli inside a grocery store in Maine. It wasn't as good as what I get in Korean restaurants, but still was a nice change from our usual meals.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

Soup and salad here tonight.

cwcdesign
                Participant

I had the last of my skillet orz chicken casserole tonight. I chopped half a tomato and added it before I heated it up. I also added some Parmesan.

Tomorrow I'm going to make a kale salad - I preened the kale on Sunday when I got home from the store.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

We had a full afternoon, so it was good to know that dinner was awaiting us in the refrigerator. We finished the Spaghetti Squash-Turkey Casserole and had some microwaved frozen mixed vegetables.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

I made a stir fry consisting of pork tenderloin, carrots, celery, brussels sprouts, broccoli and kale. Had it over rice.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

I don't normally buy frozen ready made meals but I tried one from Healthy Choice pineapple chicken and it was great.4 & 1/2 minutes in the microwave..yep it was good.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

To go with leftover roasted chicken thighs on Thursday, I made a small stir-fry of farro cooked in broth and sauteed carrots, celery, mushrooms, and a bit of kale from the pot my husband is growing under the grow lights on our enclosed porch.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

Scrambled eggs, bacon and toast for supper tonight.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

Friday night's dinner was Crispy Oven Baked Fish and Chips with the rest of the Dill Tartar Sauce and some leftover coleslaw. It is a meal we do not mind eating twice in a week!

chocomouse
                              Participant

Great minds! We had baked haddock, fries, leftover cole slaw, and freshly made dill tartar sauce.

chocomouse
                                Participant

I forgot -- I also made a big pot of mushroom soup. I followed my usual recipe, which is a copy cat recipe from Souplantation/Sweet Tomatoes restaurants.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.