What are you Cooking the Week of February 11, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking โ€” (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of February 11, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

It's Super Bowl Sunday, any party plans? (I'm looking into snacks that are more or less keto friendly, it's a challenge!)

Spread the word
      navlys
      Participant

I have a couple of ideas rolling in my head: thin sliced beef top round steak marinated in teriyaki sauce , skewered and grilled on my grill pan or marinated chunks of pork tenderloin baked or grilled served with pineapple chunks. The latter was inspired by "A Twisted Plate" recipe for pork bites.

BakerAunt
        Participant

We are among those who do not really care about the Super Bowl, so our dinner was leftover Pork Loin, barley, butternut squash, and kale from last night.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

Diane's not really into the Super Bowl. She may watch the ads, but even those don't really grab her any more. She's got a massage scheduled at 5:30.

We've got some keto-friendly (more or less) snacks ready, but there's a limit to how much of those I can eat, and I'll probably have a bowl of vegetable beef soup at halftime. (I don't care for most of the acts recently, including Usher.)

chocomouse
            Participant

We had leftover shrimp alfredo and arepas for dinner. I have no plans for the Super Bowl tonight; I'll probably go to bed and read for an hour or so.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

I had a hamburger and chips yesterday and plan to have another one today with a bowl of the lentil soup.Rainy weather here so that sounds good to me.I watched Reba sing The National Anthem and the last 5 minutes of the game and overtime.I was puzzling in the dining room with my sister in law but heard the game.I agree Mike most of the halftime acts are not my taste.I wanted to see the commercials but I'll Google them later too.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

Usher was better than I expected, though I didn't recognize most of the other artists he had on stage with him.

And the game was a good one, though I was hoping the 49ers would win. But Mahomes is a force to be reckoned with late in the game, especially in playoffs.

The commercials weren't particularly exciting, some were silly, none were really great or memorable, the Budweiser clydesdales one was probably the best of the bunch, and they've done better ones in the past. I did like the preview for the movie of Wicked, though. That's one I'm likely to go see.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

Joan--I like your description of working a puzzle as "puzzling." Shakespeare, who did that sort of word play often, would be proud of you!

Tonight, my husband pan-cooked some boneless pork chops, and we had them with more of the barley, butternut squash, and kale.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

We had taco salads tonight, with some of the left over pork roast as the protein.

RiversideLen
                      Participant

The half time show really didn't do anything for me, I guess I'm getting old, lol. I did enjoy the game but also was hoping for the 49ers to win but it really didn't matter too much. For dinner I had leftover chicken, rice and gravy and broccoli.

Tonight I made garlic mashed potatoes, brussels sprouts and simmered left over chicken in mole sauce.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Hamburger and chips.

BakerAunt I'm glad somebody would be proud of me lol!

chocomouse
                          Participant

We had chicken thighs, baked potato, and roasted squash for dinner. We got not even one snowflake out of the snow storm, so had planned to cook the chicken on the grill. However, my husband discovered the dials on the grill set to "high" and an empty propane tank, so I cooked the chicken on the stove.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

We had fish and broccoli tonight.

We're having our Valentine's Day dinner on Thursday rather than tomorrow due to my dentist appointment and my wife's ballet ticket for tomorrow night; on Thursday it will be lobster and possibly some keto-friendly gnocchi with some kind of sauce, possibly alfredo.

I did get her some flowers today, alstroemerias in purple and white.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

Since we postponed the lobster dinner to tomorrow, we settled for steaks tonight. ๐Ÿ™‚

chocomouse
                                Participant

Dinner tonight was ribs, baked potato, and asparagus. Delicious! My husband grilled the ribs on the deck in 21* temperature!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.