Remembering Cass Avona (Kid Pizza)

Home Forums Member News Remembering Cass Avona (Kid Pizza)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I learned yesterday that Cass Avona (Kid Pizza) passed away January 23, 2024. He had been in declining health, fell, was moved into hospice, and apparently died shortly thereafter.

I found out because my Christmas card, posted on Dec. 19, came back on January 31, marked that the addressee was not known. I sent an email to his address a couple of days later, in case I had the wrong address, as he had moved at least three times. Yesterday, a person responded on his email to tell me the details I have related above.

I will miss his occasional phone calls and the baking and cooking knowledge that he shared with us here and on the Baking Circle.

Spread the word
      navlys
      Participant

That is sad news. He was such an informative member of the old KA community!

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

Oh how sad, though not entirely surprising.

RiversideLen
          Participant

I am sorry to hear.

chocomouse
            Participant

I'm sorry to learn Cass has passed. I do hope his last days were peacful and full of wonderful memories of his life in various kitchens. He was a wealth of information and so generous with helping us when we needed it.

Italiancook
              Participant

I regret his passing. He was always generous with his knowledge.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Sorry to hear this ,he was very informative.

cwcdesign
                  Participant

Cass was such a sweetheart and such a great presence on the old Baking Circle. He will be missed.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.