What’s on your Christmas menu?

Home Forums General Discussions What’s on your Christmas menu?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

My son is doing duck for Christmas, plus some ham, I think. Ran into someone at the grocery store last night who had several large packages of ribs that she was going to do today, the ribs were nice looking ones.

We had the usual oyster stew and chili for Christmas Eve, though the chili wasn't quite the usual recipe (it was spicier than the chili I make and had corn in it, much to my wife's dismay.) M]

I managed to get the last of the oysters at the gourmet grocery store, with all the liquor they had left (lots of it!), and these were some of the best oysters I've had in years, there was essentially no oyster stew left at the end of supper. (It doesn't reheat well anyway.)

Spread the word
      luvpyrpom
      Participant

Everyone is coming to my house and we have our annual rib roast, roasted creamy small potatoes, roasted asparagus and green beans, plain rice from my end. Other family members are bringing salad, apple pie, peppermint cupcakes, and of course, all the cookies that I've been baking will be sitting out for everyone to snack on.

BakerAunt
        Participant

It's just the two of us. My husband will roast a turkey and bake sweet potatoes to mash up with a bit of sugar and cinnamon. (Neither of us care for overly sweet, sweet potato casseroles.) We will steam broccoli. I baked pumpkin pie for dessert, since it is traditional for my husband to have it on Christmas.

cwcdesign
          Participant

I've been working all weekend, so yesterday afternoon I cooked the turkey I got from work (my son's is in the freezer). Just had regular stuffing in it, green beans with olive oil and salt, and a small batch of mashed potatoes - the gravy was great this year. Will and I ate it watching Christmas Vacation 🙂 I'm done for today and we're headed to my mom's "Senior Living Community" for the Christmas buffet. They have a 5-star chef who used to work at the resort where I do, so he did a great job at Thanksgiving - expecting the same. Nate's hours are crazier than mine, so he'll be joining Will and me after lunch for presents and turkey sandwiches. No dessert - we have plenty of chocolate in the house.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.