What are you Cooking the Week of October 24, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of October 24, 2021?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Chicken Enchiladas sound very good Len.

For Thursday’s dinner, I made my adaptation of the Ensalada de Quinoa from the Bob’s Red Mill site and roasted chicken thighs to go with it. We have enough for two more meals.

chocomouse
      Participant

We had pizza for dinner - hot Italian sausage, mushrooms, black olives, onions, peppers, cheddar and mozzarella.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

We had fried chicken breast,baked sweet potato and green peas with carrots.

navlys
          Participant

I had leftover rotisserie chicken and the stock that I made with the bones. I also had broccoli slaw that was due to expire so "ta da" I made a very healthy and tasty soup!

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Navlys I love anytime I can save something thats about to go bad,sounds good.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

It was cool here today so I made a small pot of hamburger vegetable soup my husband had a grilled cheese sandwich I had peanut butter and jam sandwich.

Our cool weather is nothing like Mike was talking about we were a high of 65* today.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

Tonight I made chicken thighs roasted on a bed of sweet potato, apple, onion and Brussels sprouts, with diced uncured bacon. The herbs were fresh rosemary, dried thyme and dried sage.

It was good but I think it can be improved upon. (I left out the garlic the recipe called for, of course.)

Next time I'll cut back on the onion, increase the amount of sweet potato and apple, cut the apples into larger pieces, and leave out the bacon or at least cut way back on it.

Finding the chicken thighs was almost the hardest part, and I wound up with bigger ones than the recipe called for (8 ounces vs 6 ounces). That increased the cooking time a bit.

It was about an hour and a half from start to ready to eat.

chocomouse
                  Participant

We had steaks and potatoes on the grill, plus winter squash and salad for dinner tonight.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Tonight we had shrimp that I sauteed in butter and olive oil with a little garlic, cheese grits and cole slaw and I made some cocktail sauce.

RiversideLen
                      Participant

Yesterday I had a breaded chicken sandwich and a veggie soup that I made from a container of my homemade chicken stock. For the soup, I sauteed some onion, celery and carrots, threw a diced garlic clove in at the last minute of sautéing, then added some cauliflower and the chicken stock. Simmered it until tender and then put the stick blender to it. Once smooth I thickened it with some instant potato flakes.

Tonight I am going to roast a pork chop and sweet potato and steam a little red cabbage.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

We had creamed tuna on biscuits.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.