What are you Cooking the Week of October 24, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of October 24, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Too early to be thinking of supper plans here.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

I chargrilled a chicken breast that I had marinated in Italian dressing with that it was all leftovers,squash,peas,creamed corn,greens and corn bread.Cleaning out the fridge.

chocomouse
        Participant

For dinner I made ground turkey burgers, mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, and buttercup squash.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We had some vegetable beef soup out of the freezer. It has been cold and rainy all day here, I think the high was in the mid 40's. A nice warm bowl of soup was just the thing.

RiversideLen
            Participant

I had made some pizza dough last week, equal parts of semolina, durum, whole wheat and AP. I used the last of it for tonight's pizza (Italian sausage, onion, green pepper). I was able to roll out the dough very thin.

chocomouse
              Participant

I didn't really cook today, but took chili out of the freezer for our dinner. And baked KAF's Golden Pull Apart Rolls to go with it.

Janiebakes
                Participant

I made Asian chicken lettuce wraps and egg drop soup. It has rained so much in the last 24 hours it is just amazing. Much cooler too so the soup was very welcome.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Today I cooked cabbage with smoked sausage in it and macaroni and cheese.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

I roasted a chicken today. Had it with some pasta as I had some leftover homemade tomato sauce to use up and cauliflower.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

For lunch on Tuesday, and into the week, I made tomato soup—much better than the canned soup—and had it with a tuna sandwich.

Tuesday’s dinner was Crispy Oven Fish and Chips with Dill Tartar Sauce (recipe that I recently posted here at Nebraska Kitchen) with microwaved mixed vegetables.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

We finished off the chili today.

My wife has this 'Autumn Chicken' recipe she wants me to make, chicken thighs roasted in the oven with sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, apples and onions. I've got all the ingredients assembled, not sure when I'll make it, probably not until Friday or Saturday because we've got things scheduled in the late afternoon or early evening the next two days.

RiversideLen
                          Participant

I had a chicken sandwich, baked sweet potato and steamed red cabbage.

This afternoon I deboned the chicken I made yesterday and took chicken bones I had in the freezer and made some chicken stock.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

I need to make some chicken stock soon, I'm down to just a few small containers of it in the freezer, none large enough for a batch of soup.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

I went to visit my sister yesterday so we had BBQ plate from a local restaurant.Tonight we're having pan fried sausage,green butter beans and potato salad.

RiversideLen
                                Participant

I made chicken enchiladas, baked brown rice and asparagus. I used a 24 ounce enameled cast iron cocotte for the rice. I put a half cup of dry rice in it, a cup of just below boiling water, put the lid on and baked it in a 350 degree oven for an hour. It came out perfectly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.