What are you cooking the week of November 25, 2018?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you cooking the week of November 25, 2018?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    RiversideLen
    Participant

What kind of chocolate things are you making, Mike? I found this candy maker on YouTube, it's a family run business. While it's not a "how to", they do talk a lot about the process, including tempering. I don't know why, but I find it all interesting, including the hard candies.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Nothing fancy at this point, just pouring tempered chocolate into silicone molds. Last night's batch also bloomed, I'm not sure why, but I'm re-melting the pieces and will try again this afternoon.

I need to get the tempering process down before I go further. We made 10-15 pound batches in a half sized hotel pan in school, at home I make smaller batches, more like 2-3 pounds at a time.

I've got several molds to make filled chocolates with, and that's mostly what we did at Chocolate School, but that's a 3 step process: Make the shells by filling the molds then dumping out the excess chocolate, filling the shells with some kind of filling (ganache, opera cream, etc) after they set, and then putting a little more chocolate in to form the bottom.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Tonight we had cubed pork,left over potato salad and garden peas.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We had steak with mushrooms and a baked potato.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Tonight we had soup and sandwiches again...using them left overs up.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

I'm making a pot roast tonight, and it smells wonderful.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Taco salad here tonight.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.