What are you Cooking the Week of May 1, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of May 1, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

It's May Day, will anyone ring your doorbell and run away?

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

Here is an Arlo and Janis comic on that very subject:

https://www.gocomics.com/arloandjanis/2022/05/01

My husband and I both have vague memories of making May baskets in school for our mothers. It would be nice to bring back the May basket tradition.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I made coleslaw on Sunday morning. We will have some of it tonight with ham sandwiches on the Pumpernickel Rye Bread that I baked yesterday. My older stepson is arriving for an extended visit, so this is a dinner that can hold until he arrives, or if he gets delayed, we can go ahead and eat, and he can eat when he gets here.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I'm doing a chicken dish this evening, onions, celery, carrots, mushrooms, some wine and some herbs.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

We had chargrilled chicken,stewed squash and onions green fried tomatoes and leftover potato salad.

I can remember as a child the first May rain we'd play in if it wasn't thundering or lightening,old wives tale if you got in the first May rain you wouldn't be sick as much.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

I decided to postpone the chicken dish until tomorrow, I bought the chicken at the store today and when I went to get it out of the bag it was half frozen. So I stuck it back in the fridge for tomorrow.

BakerAunt
                Participant

Dinner on Monday was our favorite Oven Baked Crispy Fish and Chips with dill tartar sauce. We had it with coleslaw.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

We had the French herbed chicken tonight, with a salad and some cookies for dessert.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

I braised boneless chicken thighs in pasta sauce with wine, had it with bowtie pasta and broccoli.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

We had spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic toast.

BakerAunt
                        Participant
                          RiversideLen
                          Participant

I think the diner is the guy who should be upset with the chef's attitude. It's too bad if the chef doesn't want to cook it to the customer's specs. The customer is the one who is paying for it and is the one who has to eat it.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

We're having leftover french herbed chicken and my wife is baking several large sweet potatoes, some to eat, some for me to make a sweet potato pie with.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

We had stewed beef and gravy over rice and cooked carrots on the side.

I love sweet potatoes anyway you cook them,fried,baked,candied, or pie.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

For dinner on Wednesday night, I roasted chicken thighs. I also made a stir-fry of carrots, celery, red bell pepper, and mushrooms, which I mixed with farro cooked in turkey broth from the freezer. I added in some kale at the end and let it wilt slightly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.