What are You Cooking the Week of March 3, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of March 3, 2019?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

We will have leftovers for dinner tonight. After that, I'm contemplating cooking some millet so that I can try a new recipe, which states that the millet needs to sit overnight in the refrigerator, after cooking, before being used in the bread.

Spread the word
      chocomouse
      Participant

I made corn chowder for dinner, and we had the last of the ciabatta from the When Pigs Fly Bakery.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

Dinner tonight was creamed tuna on biscuits.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

We had breakfast for supper..sausage,grits and eggs.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Tonight we had hamburger steak with caramelized onions and a baked potato.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

We had steak, sauteed mushrooms and baked potato.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Today I made a small pot of hamburger vegetable soup and we're finishing off the pimento cheese with sandwiches.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

I made a stir-fry for dinner on Tuesday. I thawed a chicken breast, which my husband cut into pieces so that I could stir-fry it. I then stir-fried sliced celery, cut-up small carrots, and broccoli. I added the leftover millet and leftover mixed rice. I added ¼ tsp. sweet curry and sliced green onion. I would have liked a bit more curry, but I didn’t want to push it with my husband.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

I am making lasagna today, starting by making a batch of marinara.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

I made stew beef and gravy,rice,garden peas and carrots with hoe cake bread.The way I do this bread it's self rising flour with a dab of oil stirred up with milk to make like a thick pancake batter and cook on griddle or fry pan till browned on one side and flip like pancakes.It tastes like biscuit bread but no rolling and it's fast and easy,good for sopping syrup.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

Change of plans here. I made the marinara and put it in the fridge until tomorrow or Friday, then I made potato-leek soup with croutons from some Vienna bread.

Italiancook
                          Participant

That you saved the marinara for another day of lasagna baking makes me feel better, Mike. I'd never be able to make lasagna from sauce to finish in one day anymore. That's quite an arduous undertaking, in my opinion. Even for manicotti, which is less work than lasagna, I make the marinara and the filling the day before I stuff the shells and bake.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

I had the marinara done by about 3PM, plenty of time to make the lasagna and have dinner ready by 6, but my wife decided soup sounded better. (And I make a pretty good potato-leek soup.) I still need her to decide what to put in the lasagna. I've got spinach and ricotta cheese for one layer, I'll brown some ground beef for another layer and mozzarella will go on the top, she still needs to decide if she wants mushrooms in it or not.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

Tonight was a leftovers night, though I am making a batch of custard. For some reason the last several batches of custard I've made have separated on me, I don't know if I under/overcooked them, didn't mix them enough, or something else. I added an extra egg to this batch, that ought to help.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

Tonight we had fried cubed pork,seasoned green beans and baked sweet potatoes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.