What are you Cooking the Week of March 17, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of March 17, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Anything green on the menu on this St. Patrick's Day?

I'm going to try the keto-friendly bagel recipe from the gnom-gnom site.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

I had a hamburger and dill pickles tonight.

BakerAunt
        Participant

We finished the Turkey, Mushroom, and Spinach Lasagna for dinner tonight. We needed a fast preparation, since we had a hike, a birthday zoom with the kids, and then I had a zoom meeting. My husband is fond of the lasagna, so he did not mind leftovers. He was also focused on the chocolate cake we had for dessert.

chocomouse
          Participant

We had ribs on the grill, with macaroni salad and last year's asparagus from the freezer. Six weeks and we might be eating fresh asparagus!! It's been a crazy winter, no snow and record breaking high temperatures, so I'm hoping the asparagus wakes up early.

RiversideLen
            Participant

Had pasta and a chicken meatball and kale.

chocomouse
              Participant

Dinner tonight was Philly-style cheesesteak on homemade buns with french fries.

BakerAunt
                Participant

It did not get above freezing on Monday. We have had flurries of lake effect snow, although none of it stuck. So, it was a perfect day to make beef stew, which came out perfectly, now that I have replenished my supply of Tsardust Memories blend from Penzey's, which in conjunction with rosemary and Smokey Paprika and bay leaves creates the perfect flavor.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

It didn't get much above freezing here, either, and the wind was fierce.

We had reubens then split an Irish Apple Cake and a baked custard, they pair well. (Better than the low carb ice cream I bought a few weeks back, actually, but then ice cream is often called frozen custard.)

cwcdesign
                    Participant

We were having leftovers yesterday and Will was making his batch of sourdough to be baked today. We decided that we would have our Reubens on sourdough tonight.

So this morning I went to Harris Teeter to get deli corned beef and sauerkraut. Not surprisingly, the deli was completely out of corned beef and the truck from Boar's head doesn't come until Friday. So I opted for pastrami - I got the last third of a pound. Not enough, so I added ½ pound of the cracked pepper turkey breast (our favorite). Since it was on sale, I got a pound of the imported Swiss. They were also out of sauerkraut, but at least they had a bag of cole slaw mix. I made thousand island dressing which I tossed with the coleslaw. We put both pastrami and turkey in the sandwiches and Will grilled them in the panini press. We will have them again tomorrow.

It's supposed to be 40 here tomorrow morning around 7 am, but will go up to mid 60s during the day.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

Sometimes the best meals are the ones you throw together using what you have or can get rather than what the recipe calls for. My wife used to call them concoctions.

RiversideLen
                        Participant

I made tostadas, rice, brussels sprouts and carrots.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

I had a hamburger ,dill pickles and yogurt.I also made my 2nd batch of venison jerky and it turned out great.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

I had a hamburger steak with a baked potato.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

We had more of the beef stew and the focaccia.

chocomouse
                                Participant

We had salmon on the grill, baked potato, and fresh green beans.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.