What are you Cooking the Week of February 7, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of February 7, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Not much in the way of a Super Bowl spread today, some more onion soup for lunch, left over pizza for supper. We did make a batch of cheese dip for snacks during the game.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

We had leftover pizza this Sunday evening.

I made another batch of yogurt today.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Chili for supper and potato chips for snacking tonight.

chocomouse
          Participant

Dinner last night was japchae, and it was wonderful. It's been a long time since we went out to eat, and there is not a great Korean restaurant near us for takeout, so I found a recipe on line. So good -- I'll make it again!

Joan Simpson
            Participant

We had cubed steak, rice and black eyed peas.

BakerAunt
              Participant

For dinner on Monday, as the cold weather and the snow continues (but hey, we are out of negative digit temperatures!), I made soup (more of a thick stew) using the last five cups of the chicken broth I made last week, a can of diced tomatoes, carrots, celery, and garlic sauteed in olive oil, ¾ cup uncooked brown lentils and ¼ cup red lentils, 2/3 cup farro, 1tsp. dehydrated onion, and parsley. I seasoned with a bit of crushed rosemary and thyme, then added a tsp. of Worcestershire sauce at the end.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

They keep lowering the predicted lows for the week, double-digit minus temps are coming by the weekend, gonna be cold when I head out for my 2nd eye surgery on Friday.

We had soup/salad today, using up the last of the smaller container of French onion soup. The bigger one is in the freezer, I'll take it out in a few weeks.

Making potato-leek soup is my plan for tomorrow.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

I made salmon patties from canned salmon. Had it with whipped sweet potato and green beans.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Len we love salmon patties,I love to keep some on hand for a quick supper.

We had shredded chicken with BBQ gravy from the freezer and that was over mashed potatoes with garden pea salad on the side.

chocomouse
                      Participant

Dinner tonight was lasagna -- first time using my new Breville countertop air oven. It will be a steep learning curve, but the lasagna came out perfectly following limited directions.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

On Tuesday, I cooked “Pork Loin Roast with Barley, butternut Squash, and Kale.: The original recipe uses Swiss Chard and is titled that way, but I substitute the kale as its calcium is available, whereas Swiss Chard binds calcium. The recipe is from Cooks Illustrated and is on their website and also appeared in a special fall collection magazine a few years ago. I last made the recipe almost a year ago for Valentine’s Day, and I wrote at that time about the problems with the recipe, which three other people who posted at the Cooks Illustrated website also noted, specifically, getting the roast cooked through at the temperature and in the time the author claimed it should take. Based on my experiences with three different ovens, I set the oven to 325F rather than 250F and assumed 40 minutes. That was close, as it needed just another five for the center to cook to a suitable temperature. I feel that I finally have this recipe—that is delicious—worked out so that it cooks properly. I would post the change at Cooks Illustrated website, but I only had a free trial membership when I bought my stove, and it ended months ago. I recommend the recipe.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

Made the potato leek soup tonight, that plus a salad was supper.

I have two 9 cup containers of soup for leftovers, one will go in the freezer, which gives me at least 4 different types of soup in the freezer.

RiversideLen
                            Participant

Tonight was a pork chop, noodles and broccoli.

cwcdesign
                              Participant

Last night Will made pizza with sourdough pizza dough he made from recipe he found on Alexandracooks.com. the dough was excellent. he made 4 small ones - plain cheese; veggie with sautéed red peppers & mushrooms, black olives and sun-dried tomatoes; BBQ chicken with onions and the leftover bourbon pineapple from the pineapple upside down cake and last but not least, broccoli chicken. he made a mix of shredded cheese that included Dubliner and Colby jack. They were delicious and we have plenty for dinner tonight.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

I love leftover pizza.Lucky you cwcdesign that your son likes to bake and cook.

Tonight we had Oyster stew at his request,my husband turned 70 today and he didn't want cake,or any dessert.I did get all the makings for some homemade ice cream for later on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.