What are you Cooking the Week of February 7, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of February 7, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

More soup and salad for us tonight.

RiversideLen
      Participant

Happy Birthday to your husband, Joan!

I made stuffed red bell peppers and had one with mashed potatoes. There are enough left for the next several days, I'll just change up the sides.

chocomouse
        Participant

Dinner on Wednesday was roasted salmon, butternut squash, and broccoli.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Thanks Len on the birthday wishes,he had a good one.

Tonight we had chicken tenders,thickened potatoes and creamed corn.

Mike I hope your surgery goes well tomorrow and I see ya'll are in frigid weather,God Bless each of ya'll that has to endure that freezing cold.I saw on the weather channel ya'll will be in awfully cold minus double digits.

chocomouse
            Participant

Dinner tonight was chicken thighs and leftover japchae.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

Yeah, gonna be cold when we head out in the morning, probably about 5 below. And when we go in early Saturday to have the patch removed, it'll still be cold and possibly an inch or more of new snow.

The double-digit minus temps won't be here until Sunday night, and I don't plan to go anywhere for a few days.

RiversideLen
                Participant

I had a stuffed pepper, cheese tortellini and broccoli.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Tonight we had a beef roast London Broil baked in a roasting pan with potatoes,carrots,onion and a little celery,salad and fresh Hawaiian dinner rolls.

Mike I hope you're doing well and staying in.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

Surgery seemed to go well, won't really know much until they take the eye patch off tomorrow morning. We've probably gotten less than an inch of fresh snow today, but will likely get more overnight, and possibly 4-5 inches by Monday, when the really cold temperatures are supposed to get here (20-22 below). UNL has already advised staff that classes may be shifted to online-only on Monday.

We're having onion soup tonight.

RiversideLen
                      Participant

Mike, glad to hear that your surgery went well.

Tonight was the same as last night, stuffed pepper, cheese tortellini and broccoli. I found a container of homegrown tomato sauce in the freezer that I warmed up the pepper in.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Today I made a pot of vegetable hamburger soup with pimento cheese sandwiches,good on this cold nasty day.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

On Saturday I made another batch of yogurt.

Saturday dinner was a stir-fry with farro, carrots, celery, dried onion, parsley, some pork drippings I had frozen, and the rest of the pork roast I cooked earlier this week.

We had another inch of snow last night.

cwcdesign
                            Participant

We may not have all the snow you all have, but as Joan knows we’ve had rainy, chilly weather for a couple of days after a teaser of 2 warm sunny days. Somehow today it feels like forever.

Will made Ina’s tomato soup with grilled cheese last night. Tonight he made chicken salad sandwiches to go with it with some fresh greens from the garden.

I finally go back to the doctor on Monday!

chocomouse
                              Participant

Dinner tonight was turkey lentil soup with dinner rolls.

kimbob
                                Participant

Beer cheese fondue tonight!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.