What are you Cooking the week of February 24, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of February 24, 2019?

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We had tomato soup and cheese sandwiches tonight.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

Taco salad tonight our old standby.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes,time is flying by!

chocomouse
        Participant

Dinner last night was brats on sandwich thins with garlic aioli. Not at all good for you, but good tasting!

Italiancook
          Participant

chocomouse, I don't know what "sandwich thins" are. Sandwiches on thin bread? Please educate me on this. Thanks!

chocomouse
            Participant

Italian Cook, "Sandwich Thin" is a flatbread made by Arnold in this area. Google Arnold bread. Each one is about 4.5 inches in diameter and 3/8 inch thick. I've seen three varieties, plain, whole wheat, and multi grain. They're pretty expensive, I recall over $4.50 for 6 of them, but they are really good and I love the size and amount of bread for a sandwich. So I've been searching for a good recipe for a year or so. I finally found the one that works best for me! And I learned that I can roll the dough with a pin just as I would pie dough, so they come out looking good too - flat and a decent round shape.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

Sandwich thins always remind me of a cross between pita bread and the end slice off a loaf of bread. They were initially marketed as a 'lower carb' bread/bun but I'm not sure they're that much lower. Some of them have pretty good flavor, others are terribly bland. I've not tried making them myself.

Italiancook
                Participant

Thanks, chocomouse & Mike, for educating me on sandwich thins. Chocomouse, I checked them out on Arnold's website. I've never seen them in any of the stores here, but I also was never looking for them. I'm glad you found a recipe that works for you.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.