What are you Cooking the Week of December 25, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of December 25, 2022?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

No cooking here today...just heating up leftovers from Christmas, all gone.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Leftovers here, too, with chocolate fondue. BTW, chocolate fondue on Russian tea cakes is very good.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Mike I love fondue, sounds wonderful with that pound cake.

Tonight we had roast with gravy, I added onions and mushrooms, rice and green lima beans & had enough for one more meal.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I sliced some of the pound cake, which was a bit underdone, and toasted it in the oven, I think it helped and the toasting gave it a nice crust on the surface of the slices. My son was wondering about using it for French toast, sounds a bit over-the-top, doesn't it?

Our son and granddaughter made it back to Pittsburgh with only about a half hour delay in flights. We've still got a few leftovers to use up, but will have to do some cooking, probably tomorrow.

BakerAunt
            Participant

I roasted potato chunks, tossed in olive oil and Penzey's Sunny Paris for dinner on Friday. We had them with more of the Turkey-Zucchini Loaf and the rest of the coleslaw.

My younger stepson and his wife had to stay a few extra days in San Diego because they flew Southwest. Tomorrow they will be able to fly home to Colorado Springs.

chocomouse
              Participant

I would love to be stranded in San Diego for a few days -- my favorite city in the world! I'm sure they took advantage of the delay and it didn't cause any serious problems.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

We're having some venison chili for supper tonight, plenty for the freezer too.

Our son remarried two weeks ago and he and wife flew to Virginia to see her folks for Christmas.When they arrived in Richmond her luggage was missing.They were there 5 or 6 days it never came had to layover an extra day to go home.At the airport in Virginia they said her luggage was in Dallas, they were happy since they were going home...when they arrived in Dallas she went to get her bag and wouldn't you know it was sent that morning to Richmond.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

For dinner on New Year's Eve, we had the rest of the Turkey-Zucchini loaf, with roasted sweet potato chunks and microwaved fresh broccoli. Earlier in the day, I made broth from the bones of the Thanksgiving turkey, which has been in the freezer, along with the turkey we will have on New Year's Day. I had to wait with the broth until I had more freezer space.

Joan--I hope your new daughter-in-law gets her luggage back eventually. It will travel more than she did this holiday!

Chocomouse--I do not think my stepson and his wife minded being in San Diego for a couple of extra days, but it was a bit of a problem as he did not have his work computer with him.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

After all the food we ate while our son and granddaughter were visiting, we had salads with tuna fish for supper tonight. I did make cheese dip to snack on as we watch TV (currently the OSU-Georgia game), but my wife seldom makes it to midnight on New Year's Eve.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.