What are you cooking the week of August 4, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you cooking the week of August 4, 2019?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Today I made a half recipe of America’s Test Kitchen All American Potato Salad. I used a mix of three potatoes from the farmers market: Desire, Yukon Gold, and what I think is called Mountain Rose (is pink inside). Mixing them gave a lovely presentation. We will have it tonight with leftover roast chicken legs and microwaved green beans from our garden. (Apparently, when my husband told me the beans were done producing, he was wrong.)

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

We had beans-and-weiners tonight.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Tonight we had fried chicken,baked potatoes and green beans and since we learned something new today I got the ice cream churn out and made a churn of vanilla and it sure hit the spot as it's so very hot here.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We had some cantaloupe with salami

RiversideLen
            Participant

I made a batch of stuffed red peppers today.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Tonight we had Taco Salad.

BakerAunt
                Participant

My husband, who really likes the new Wolf stove--especially the gas burners--cooked dinner tonight. He cooked country style ribs in a frying pan (no seasonings and no oil). We also had an ear of sweet corn each, and more microwaved fresh green beans from the garden (apparently there are still beans).

RiversideLen
                  Participant

I had left over stuffed pepper, pasta and a salad.

BakerAunt, back in the day when I had a large veggie garden, I grew both green and yellow beans. I found that the more you pick, the more they produce. They will keep giving you more until the frost comes. Green beans tended to be more productive than the yellow. The key is to keep picking before they get too large.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

We looked at a Wolf stove when we were shopping, since the chefs I know swear by them, but we thought they were kind of ugly. I think they've changed the look a lot since then, they look a lot more like the Viking/DCS did back then.

Gas stoves may become a thing of the past in California.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

I'm making a batch of marinara tonight.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

Len--Thanks for the tip about picking the beans. My husband has been in charge of the garden, and he is just beginning to realize that picking the small ones makes for better beans for eating. I'll pass along your tip.

Mike--I went for "pretty" with the Thermador back in 2001. While I liked its cooking and baking features, it was white and went nicely into my kitchen. Thermador does not do colors anymore, and I didn't like their lack of support for products past ten years old. Kitchen Aid makes colors, but I've not dealt with the company, and I'd read that it isn't what it used to be.

I think that you are correct that Wolf has changed in terms of design because I vaguely recall look at them back when I bought the Thermador. Now, I like the look. Initially, I thought the red knobs were gaudy, but as I looked at the stove in the store, I liked them, as did my husband. If I ever get the kitchen organized--I'd say I'm about 70% there--I will try to post pictures in the kitchen thread I started back at the time of renovation.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by BakerAunt.
                        Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.