What are you Cooking the week of April 8, 2018?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of April 8, 2018?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Friday dinner is salmon and couscous. I'm changing around the spice by using 1/2 tsp. dill and 1/2 tsp chives. Verdict: All I really taste is the dill. Next time I'll try a combination of chives and celery seed.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by BakerAunt.
      chocomouse
      Participant

Tonight I made something completely new to me: chicken fingers. I've never eaten or cooked them. I cut the breasts into inch thick slices, dipped in beaten egg, and then into breadcrumbs mixed with Penzey's Sunny Paris, lemon-pepper, and Parmesan. Baked at 400* for 25 minutes. They were really good - flavorful, tender, very easy and quick to do. I served them with leftover potato salad and broccoli. We'll be having these again.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Tonight we had cubed steak,thickened potatoes with a cream sauce and cooked carrots.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

After a few days with highs in the 70's, we're back to the 30's today and the rain is supposed to turn to snow soon. West and north of us there are blizzard conditions

So I'm making a big batch of beef stock today.

BakerAunt
            Participant

We also had two days in the 70s, but we had some storms last night and colder air is arriving. I don't think that we will get snow, but the next few days will be good for spending time next to the wood stove.

My husband is roasting a small turkey for Saturday dinner and meals throughout the week.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Nice weather here but tomorrow we're suppose to get rain.

Tonight we had taco salad.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

The snow finally got here mid-afternoon, probably 2 inches of it, but the streets were warm enough from the last few days that they're staying pretty clear so far.

Could snow on and off until 2AM, but other parts of Nebraska got hit a lot worse than we did.

I made a simple stir fry for supper tonight.

cwcdesign
                  Participant

Hi all! I feel like I fell off the turnip truck - We've had such crazy weeks at work that when I get home, I just want to veg - I haven't even been lurking much. So there has not been much cooking or baking in my house. But, on Wednesday (prepped on Tuesday) I made Chicken Juniper, often named Elegant Chicken in old community cookbooks, for Will's 25th birthday. That's the one with dried beef, chicken breasts, bacon, cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. It's probably his favorite comfort food. I got all the ingredients to make him the KAF Kitchen Sink Carrot Cake - it's a really good recipe, but they're still sitting on the counter a week later!

BevM, I'm with you about hurricane season. I'm originally from Buzzards Bay in Massachusetts where we were in prime hurricane territory. In 60 years of bad storms we never had to evacuate. Now I live on Saint Simons Island in Georgia. Because it's the furthest west point on the East Coast, hurrricanes were few and far between - they would often head up the Florida Coast and then head for the Carolinas. In the last two years we've had two mandatory evacuations and last year we couldn't return for a week. At least, we were fortunate to have minimal damage where we are, but still - yuck!.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.