What are you Baking the week of November 29, 2020?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the week of November 29, 2020?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

No baking plans here yet.

Spread the word
      cwcdesign
      Participant

Will made a pie crust out of the other half of his dough. I made a molten chocolate crackle filling I’ve been dying to try. From the looks of it I think I overbaked by about 5 minutes - it didn’t fall in and crack - it will still be delicious

RiversideLen
        Participant

Just a batch of burger buns.

BakerAunt
          Participant

On Monday I baked my Whole Wheat Sourdough Cheese Crackers from dough I had in the refrigerator.

Monday was also a bread baking day. I used the King Arthur Rustic Sourdough Bread as my starting point, but I used 3 cups whole wheat flour, ½ cup dark rye flour, 1 ½ cup bread flour, and added ¼ cup flax meal. I replaced the sugar with honey, reduced the salt and the yeast to 1 ¾ tsp. each, and added 1 Tbs. olive oil. I baked it in the hearth bread pan for 35 minutes to 202F. We will slice some of it for lunch tomorrow.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

One of these days I'm going to make another batch of hot dog buns using Hamelman's Soft Butter Buns recipe, shape them, refrigerate them overnight, then let them rise for about 2 hours before baking, based on a recommendation in the BBGA Forum on how to make 'squishy' burger buns.

I will coat them with poppy seeds for Chicago hot dogs.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

I have cinnamon rolls in the oven,will top with cream cheese icing these are going to our neighbors.

BakerAunt
                Participant

You have great self control, Joan, to give away cinnamon rolls! 🙂

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

BakerAunt I kept 4....1 is left, my husband ate 1 woopy do!

chocomouse
                    Participant

Wait a minute, Joan! That doesn't add up. Where's the other two? We need to know!! I suppose you'll claim taste testing? LOL

RiversideLen
                      Participant

I worked with a woman who got pregnant in her 40's, it was her only one. She would bring in a cake every month on the 23rd, the date of the child's birth. One day someone asked her if her husband minded that she would bring these cakes to us, since he wasn't getting any of it. She said that she actually made 2 cakes every time, one to bring in to us and the other one for her family. So, that's how you do it when you make something for others, make double so you can keep one for yourself!

skeptic7
                        Participant

I did pumpkin cornbread with maple syrup, and flavored with dried ginger and candied ginger. Its a combination of cornbread and gingerbread with maple syrup instead of molasses. I was afraid it would be too bland but it is very tasty with pronounced ginger flavor and just a hint of sweetness. I'll try making a double batch tomorrow to give away.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Believe me I get my share lol!Yes I ate 3!Last one this morning with my coffee!

RiversideLen
                            Participant

Joan, you have given me a taste for cinnamon rolls. Consequently, there is a batch of pumpkin cinnamon dough sitting in the bowl of my Kitchen Aid right now. I looked at several recipes and combined elements of King Arthur's pumpkin cinnamon rolls with my usual recipe. Will report on the results later.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

I think the next time I make cinnamon rolls I'm going to use a tangzhong recipe for the dough.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

Len I thought about making me some pumpkin cinnamon rolls but was scared I wouldn't like them,Mike I've never used the tangzhong method on anything but have studied it.

I have a question how much liquid milk will I replace for 3 TBSP. of of dry milk powder? I thought it would be about 3/4 cup liquid milk the recipe calls for 1 cup water so would I do 3/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup water?
                                  I was thinking of making the soft butter rolls by Jeffery Hamelman you talked about Mike but I don't have dry milk?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.