What are you Baking the Week of July 9, 2023?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of July 9, 2023?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

I've done a ton of baking today, as I'm leaving for a vacation in Maine, and in addition to all the seafood we will buy at the fish market and prepare ourselves, we each bringing some favorite recipes and side dishes. I'll also be preparing dinner for our first evening, as we'll arrive late and don't want to eat out. So, I'm bringing fresh veggies, hummus, dip, cold meats, deli cheeses, fruit. Today I made breakfast muffins using dried fruits: pineapple, mangoes, apricots, cherries, candied orange peel. I also made the Grilled Asiago Rounds from KAF, with my own additions of a cup of snipped fresh herbs from my deck and some roasted garlic. I'll leave a couple of those at home for my husband to enjoy. I also made Cheesecake Bars from a Bob's Red Mill recipe. It starts with a base of oatmeal and flour and sugar, pressed into a 9 x 9 pan and baked. Then a cheesecake filling is made, poured on top, and baked some more. It's all made in a food processor, so it's quick and easy. However, my husband came home just as I was ready to put the filling into the pan and announced that his meeting (for which he was bringing the cheesecake) had been cancelled because of the flooded roads and there was no way in or out of the meeting place! I've put the unfinished bars into the freezer, separately, and am hoping that freezing the cream cheese filling won't completely change its texture, and it will be edible. I've had enough baking for a while and am really looking forward to my vacation!

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Ah, Maine. Lobster rolls that actually have a visible amount of lobster in them. (When we were there some years ago, we actually got a decent lobster roll at an Arby's, though the ones we got at a cafe in Rockport were better.)

I'm planning pizza on the grill for supper tonight, trying a new thin crust dough recipe. Hoping the weather will cooperate, there's rain in the forecast for early afternoon and after 8PM, but not around suppertime.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I needed to make room for blueberries in the freezer, so I thawed a 15 oz. container of my pumpkin puree. On Saturday, I baked five small loaves of my adaptation of the Whole Grain Pumpkin Bread recipe that Lemon Poppy posted at Nebraska Kitchen. I always think of S. Wirth when I bake it, as she recommended the recipe to me when I had to stop baking my long-time favorite one that used butter.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.