What are you Baking the Week of July 10, 2022?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of July 10, 2022?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Might be too hot to bake today here.

Spread the word
      chocomouse
      Participant

Today I made the Tick Tock Orange Sticky Rolls posted by DachshundLady on the OBC. It's an interesting recipe because it is not a yeasted dough but a "biscuit" made with baking powder. I made only one major change by adding 3 Tablespoons of orange flavored Tang mix to the orange spice filling. I also added about 3 Tablespoons of flour during the kneading process, to make the batter manageable. The rolls are delicious, very orange, tangy tasting. And they were quick and easy to make.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Chocomouse the orange rolls sound delicious.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I've never baked the rolls, but I remember the recipe because I posted it here at Nebraska Kitchen when we were saving recipes from the Baking Circle:

https://mynebraskakitchen.com/wordpress/forums/search/Tick+Tock+Orange+Sticky+Rolls/?gdpos=power-search-request

BakerAunt
            Participant

I baked two loaves of Rye/Semolina/Whole Wheat Bread (adapting Len's recipe) on Tuesday. It is a favorite bread and in regular rotation.

I also baked Olive Oil Greek Yogurt Brownies.

RiversideLen
              Participant

I made Rye/Semolina/Whole Wheat sandwich buns today, topped with sesame seeds.

BakerAunt
                Participant

After I roasted potatoes for dinner on Wednesday night, I baked my adaptation of The Shipyard Galley's Zucchini Muffins, which King Arthur posted some years back. I made mine all whole wheat and halved the sugar. I also replace half the oil with buttermilk and add 2 Tbs. milk powder. I baked them as six large muffins. I am trying to arrange my baking, so that I can use an already heated oven for a second project.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

On Thursday, I made dough for my Whole Wheat Sourdough Cheese Crackers. I will bake them next week.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

Today was a great day for baking, as we have been blessed with rain since late midmorning. I baked a blueberry pie with crumb topping on Friday. It will rest overnight, and I expect we will start slicing it at lunch tomorrow. The convection setting of 375F is great for berry pies.

I also baked my version of Ellen's bun recipe as ten buns this evening for a picnic we are planning for tomorrow.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

A nice thunderstorm is coming through here now, so maybe you'll have some more wet and not overly hot weather soon, bakeraunt. (I watered the chestnut trees on my front lawn this evening, so of course it is raining now.)

BakerAunt
                        Participant

Mike--We had some light rain in the early evening at the park we visited. We got another .17 inches overnight, according to the rain gage. It is overcast this morning, so I am hoping for more rain to keep the blackberries on the terrace and in the woods watered, so that I get a good crop for jam.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.