Hurricane Idalia

Home Forums General Discussions Hurricane Idalia

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cwcdesign
    Participant

Joan, I see that you are right in the path of this storm. What are you expecting in terms of wind, rain, flooding?

The store will be closed tomorrow and we are hunkered down. It's supposed to be a tropical storm by the time it gets to us with 65 mph winds gusting higher. Flooding is what we have to watch out for with a 2-4' storm surge. I guess we'll have to see what happens when it makes landfall. We had a bad storm this afternoon, so the ground is already saturated which won't help.

Stay safe and anyone else in the path of this storm take care as well.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

They say we can expect winds up to 85 mph and flooding. We've gotten a lot of rain already and just praying no big pinetrees come down,Rain up to 6 to 8 inches is predicted.I've run water in the bath tub in case power goes out, took everything that was light off my porch now just waiting and praying for safety for everyone and us.I'm by myself & my dog but have a sister in law behind me.Praying for you Cwcdesign.Stay safe.It's suppose to hit here in the morning,my girlfriend just called said the weather channel was down town Valdosta today.

BakerAunt
        Participant

Joan and CWCdesign--I am thinking of both of you and keeping you in my prayers.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Thank you BakerAunt, it hasn't got here with the bad stuff yet, only light winds and rain.

cwcdesign
            Participant

Joan -I hear there was flooding in Valdosta - are you OK?

We got lucky. We did not have as much rain as we had yesterday. Lots of gusts, tree limbs and some trees. Power outages off and on. One part of the island still without. A friend says the roads are a mess, but waiting to hear what happens with the high tide tonight. Very thankful, but devastated for the folks on the Gulf coast.

BakerAunt
              Participant

Thanks for letting us know that you are ok, CWCdesign.

Given the winds, Joan may be without power for the next couple of days.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Just wanted to update everyone.The storm hit our town of Valdosta hard and did a lot of damage all over the place.I had one large cedar tree down that fell part way on the road, some of my husbands tin shops roof came off and lots of debris I'll be picking up for awhile.I was without power until this afternoon.So very hot but I can say we were very blessed form what I've seen from other places.My home wasn't hurt me and Baby my dog was fine.The linemen have been working around the clock to get all fixed.We have lots of pinetrees down all up and down our road.Our town looks like a war zone,God Bless those less fortunate.I have been so blessed from many friends and family reaching out to help.We had high winds up to 90mph and I was scared .I was so happy to get a shower and have air condition today ,it has been so hot.We had over 6 inches of rain, flooding in town and low areas but we're ok.
                  Glad you're OK Cwcdesign.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.