Participant

Frittata
      Submitted by bocca on August 10, 2007 at 6:00 pm

DESCRIPTION
      Frittata

SUMMARY
      Yield 0 File under Misc. Recipes & Requests

INSTRUCTIONS
      This is a great way to use up leftover spaghetti noodles.
      Please understand you make this your way. This is not a hard and fast recipe, but there are only a couple of “rules”. I love the flavor of this.
      Enjoy

Enough leftover spaghetti noodles to fit in a 10 to 12” oven proof non-stick skillet. (or fills up 3/4 of a gallon ziplock bag)

1 lb. Italian sausage, I don’t use hot but you can
      1 can black olives, you can use what ever you like I buy the whole olives and slice them myself. Use what your family likes.
      6 cloves garlic chopped
      8 eggs
      Olive oil
      1/4 to 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, depends on your tastes
      salt and pepper to taste

Heat the oven to 425°

In your skillet brown the sausage when the sausage is almost done stir in the garlic, this is just to start the garlic cooking. Don’t brown the garlic it will taste bad. Remove to paper toweling to drain and cool. Clean the pan out, scrape the bits and use them if you want or just clean it enough so the egg won’t have spots to stick too.

In a large bowl whisk the eggs until fully mixed together. Stir in the cheese and about ½ tsp. salt and pepper, as you like. Stir in the leftover pasta, the olives and the cooled garlic/sausage, blending well. Btw I don’t worry too much about the sausage being totally cooled, I just don’t use it hot out of the skillet.

Heat about 1/4 cup olive oil in the skillet. Pour the pasta mixture into the skillet and cook over medium heat until the bottom forms a crust. Now here is the tricky part. For a better frittata you want to flip it and brown the bottom. If you used enough olive oil and it has formed a crust it should come out of the pan. Slide it onto a plate then flip it back into the skillet. I don’t add more olive oil before I flip it because I don’t want that hot olive oil splattering. I do add a bit of olive oil at the edges now. I brown it for a few minutes then put in the pre-heated oven and bake. Ah how much time? Well about 15 minutes, maybe 20. It depends on how much you cooked it on the stovetop. I have forgoten to add the olive oil until everything was in the pan so I wasn’t able to flip it, so it took closer to 20 minutes to cook through.
      You can eat this hot, room temp or cold.

Spread the word
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.