Did You Cook Anytbing Interesting the Week of October 30, 2016?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) Did You Cook Anytbing Interesting the Week of October 30, 2016?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

My husband roasted a turkey on Sunday, so we ate leftovers most of the week. On Thursday, I sautéed diced red bell pepper, carrots, mushrooms, and broccoli in some of the fat from the saved pan drippings. I added the rest of the drippings (minus remaining fat), then added some cut up turkey. I mixed that with brown rice and mixed rice, left over in the freezer from other meals. On Saturday morning, I made broth using the turkey bones, and those from two roast chickens. (We keep them in the freezer, until I have time to make a big pot.)

Spread the word
      Italiancook
      Participant

I discussed my flopped meals in another thread. I also had a couple of successes after my three flops. I made braised pork chops with fried potatoes and caramelized onions. I also made a pancake breakfast-for-dinner.

luvpyrpom
        Participant

Not much cooking - I'm really struggling in trying to cook smaller portions so I'm not eating leftovers for days. And I'm trying to make room in the freezer to get ready for the holiday baking. This past week I made braised shiitake mushrooms with tofu over baby bok choy. I also made roast pork with carrots. I was able to find the sirloin pork roast at Costco that's pretty small and enough to feed 1-2 people.

cwcdesign
          Participant

I made several things this week, all related to the South Beach Diet. Early in the week I broiled sirloin strip steak served with asparagus and a baked potato for Will. I made a coconut chicken dish with balsamic glazed snow peas. The chicken was good, but not good enough for all the fiddly chopping of small amounts I had to do. The snow peas on the other hand were quite good. We did have to add salt at table since none was in the recipes. I then made a crock pot piccadillo (Cuban hamburg, in case anyone was wondering) with cauliflower "rice." This was better and we liked the cauliflower rice which is basically whirred up in the FP to mimic rice. It absorbed the sauce nicely. I made an egg casserole (no bread) to heat up for breakfast and then I made a treat for Will that still fit within the SB profile - pizza chicken.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I hear you on the smaller quantities issue, I'm used to making soup in 8-10 quart batches, but I have to freeze 3/4 or more of it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.