What are You Cooking the Week of December 9, 2018?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of December 9, 2018?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

For Sunday dinner, I roasted two whole chicken legs on a rack. In a separate pan, I roasted potatoes, cut up and rubbed with olive oil and sprinkled with poultry seasoning. I had microwaved peas, and my husband had the last of the broccoli.

Spread the word
      • This topic was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by BakerAunt.
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I made beef stock yesterday and today, and as soon as the remouillage (second wetting of the bones, which increases the output by about 25%) is cool enough to put in the fridge, I'm heading to bed.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Not much cooking here,my husband isn't feeling very good so it was scrambled egg sandwich yesterday and today he wants grilled ham and cheese sandwich.

BakerAunt
          Participant

For lunch on Monday, I made a Lentil soup, using 4 cups potato water that I had frozen, 1 cup lentils, ¼ cup faro; 3 Tbs. defatted chicken drippings from last night’s chicken, chopped onion, celery, and carrots, parsley and thyme. I also made tomato sauce with the last of our now-ripened tomatoes (1 lb. 9 oz.), which I will use on the sourdough pizza I’m making tonight. Usually, I don’t make pizzas so close together, but I need to use up the mozzarella before it goes bad.

chocomouse
            Participant

Dinner here was salmon on the grill (with the outdoor temp at 17* and going down), with mushroom risotto and broccoli from the freezer.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

Mozzarella freezes fine, just be sure to get it out several hours before you plan to put it on/in something. I tend to buy 5 pound bags of whole milk mozzarella at Sams and divide it up into 12-16 ounce bags for the freezer.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

I'm making a big pot of vegetable beef soup today, most of it will go in the freezer.

chocomouse
                  Participant

Corn chowder and dinner rolls, both from the freezer.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

My husband asked for taco salad so that's it.

navlys
                      Participant

Back in the day my husband loved rice a roni with beef. So I found a recipe for homemade rice a roni and added sautéed ground beef to it. This recipe called for orzo instead of broken spaghetti and it included walnuts. It definitely needed more spice but my husband who never has seconds (helpings) went back for more!!!!! Go figure.

chocomouse
                        Participant

Dinner was venison steaks, leftover mushroom risotto, and butternut squash.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

My husband cooked boneless pork chops for Wednesday dinner. I roasted some sweet potato chunks tossed in olive oil and maple syrup. We also had black-eyed peas from the freezer. There are enough leftovers to repeat the meal tomorrow, then I am thinking there will be a stir-fry.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

Tonight we had left over chili and hot dogs.

RiversideLen
                              Participant

I made a small pizza today.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

I made a batch of custard today to go with leftover vegetable beef soup for supper.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.