What are You Cooking the Week of December 9, 2018?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of December 9, 2018?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

We had lima beans,rice and tomato gravy and cubed pork.

navlys
      Participant

We had filet mignon, mashed potatoes and green beans for dinner on Thursday. Then we had the leftover steak with omelets and hash browns on Friday. Great time of year to pick up beef tenderloin on sale.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I made a stir-fry for Friday night’s dinner, using leftover pork chops, frozen broccoli (have you seen the high prices on fresh broccoli?!), mushrooms, green onions, drippings from when my husband cooked the pork, and soba noodles. We have enough to repeat the meal on Saturday

Joan Simpson
          Participant

I used left overs to make lima bean soup.Cut up one carrot,two ribs of celery,some onion,added a little garlic,two chicken bullion cubes with 2 cups of water,left over tomato gravy cooked that till all tender then added cooked lima beans and when that was all done threw in about a cup and half of cooked rice.It was very good and all left overs are gone.Got just enough left for soup and a sandwich for later.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Joan Simpson.
            BakerAunt
            Participant

Joan--thanks for providing details about your soup. It gives me ideas for what I might cook.

chocomouse
              Participant

For dinner tonight I tried a "sheet-pan" meal of sliced Kielbasa with bite sized chunks of potatoes, onions, and peppers, with a green salad. It was excellent. My kitchen is a mess -- the sink is clogged, which happens once every 4 years due to the design of the pipes in the basement going to the septic system. Of course, I had every baking pan and cookie sheet and most of the cooking utensils in the house dirty about the time I discovered it. I'm doing a lot of holiday baking for a family gathering on Sunday. I can use the bathroom sink, but only as much as absolutely needed. Looking at the rosy side of things, with no baking/cooking to be done, I'll have plenty of time to do the other household chores that I avoid!

Joan Simpson
                Participant

I feel for you Chocomouse about the stopped up drain,very annoying!The sheet-pan meal sounds good!
                  BakerAunt I enjoy every ones input on your recipes and ideas also,thanks.
                  No cooking here tonight just leftover soup and sandwich.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Joan Simpson.
                  Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

After having had the drain cleaned out several times, and upon the advice of a plumber, I pour a cup or two of bleach down the kitchen sink drains at least once a month. I let it sit for about an hour, then flush it with lots of hot water. I do the same thing with the master bath sinks and shower/tub drains. I still have to dig the hair out every few months, though.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.