Fruitcake: Exercise Fuel

Home Forums General Discussions Fruitcake: Exercise Fuel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    aaronatthedoublef
    Participant

This article was on the front page of today's WSJ but I found a free version here. It is hilarious!

Finally, a Use for That Leftover Holiday Fruitcake: Exercise Fuel

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

Years ago when I drove from Los Angeles to Spokane for a one year teaching job, I made fruit cake, using a recipe that also used canned pears, as one of my trip foods. I'm actually looking at a fruitcake cookie recipe for when we take a trip next month.

skeptic7
        Participant

This is a wonderful article. I love Fruitcake and I am glad that other people are appreciating it.

luvpyrpom
          Participant

I love fruitcake! And we used to get the Collins Fruitcake too! But now that I've found KAF Orange-Cranberry-Nut fruitcake recipe, I've been using that without the nuts as my niece is allergic to nuts. The only issue is that I don't put any glaze on it and it becomes so dry. This year I even added a tablespoon of oil to the batter to see if it would help retain it's moistness. I don't want to use any of the glaze because I think it would become way too sweet that way.

Bakeraunt, I've seen fruitcake cookie recipes before, just haven't tried any yet. Let us know what you find!

S_Wirth
            Participant

I have a fruitcake cookies recipe posted here. There is a fruitcake bars recipe by CWalde here as well as another fruitcake cookies recipe, I think.

BakerAunt
              Participant

Here is S. Wirth's recipe:

Here is another from msbelle:

And finally, Cwalde's recipe:

I plan to try one in Rick Roger's Christmas 101. I have tried the KAF one a few years back, but it underwhelmed me and the family.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by BakerAunt.
                • This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by BakerAunt.
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.